Ignite TV home phone voice mail indicators

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV home phone voice mail indicators

@Datalink wrote:

@seadooxp30  can you have a look at the bottom of the cordless phone base and look for a REN number (Ringer Equivalency Number).  Can you let me know what that number happens to be.  How many other phones do you have normally, or should I say, how many phones in total do you have connected?  Just to point out, each phone will have its own REN rating.  The normal REN for a phone is 1.  

I thought that the REN output for the modem was affecting just the ringing of the connected telephones, perhaps it also affects the message waiting indication as well.  I've asked for the REN output for both XB6 modem versions, but haven't heard back yet. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringer_equivalence_number

Can you also have a look at the bottom of the Arris modem and let me know the exact model number, as in Arris TG3482xxx, just so that I have this correct. 

@Datalink, my Panasonic REN  number is  REN /IES :0.1

I have base plus two other set so 3 in total.

I only have REN number at the bottom of the base which I think its the way suppose to be.

My Arris Model # is TG3462ER3

Vendor: ARRIS Group, Inc.
Hardware Revision:11

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

Also voice mail indicator goes away if delete the message and "reboot" the Arris modem

3littebirds
I've Been Here Awhile

I've been away dealing with a family emergency.  It has been important that I receive and am aware of voice messages with my Mom in the hospital.  I left a text with our concierge and did not hear anything back.  For 2 days last weekend I started getting voice mail indicators again out of the blue.  Today I had no indicator but thought I should call VM to check in case we had a call from one of the doctors. Unfortunately now I can't even access VM when I dial *98.  I just get dead air or it switches to a busy signal.  Beyond frustrated and not seeing any point to having a home phone that can't be relied upon.

Biollw
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@3littebirds wrote:

I've been away dealing with a family emergency.  It has been important that I receive and am aware of voice messages with my Mom in the hospital.  I left a text with our concierge and did not hear anything back.  For 2 days last weekend I started getting voice mail indicators again out of the blue.  Today I had no indicator but thought I should call VM to check in case we had a call from one of the doctors. Unfortunately now I can't even access VM when I dial *98.  I just get dead air or it switches to a busy signal.  Beyond frustrated and not seeing any point to having a home phone that can't be relied upon.

Setup e-mail forwarding of your voice mail messages.

3littebirds
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you this was a good suggestion that I didn't know was possible.  Unfortunately I am not able to make the change to my voice mail settings.  Logged on to MyRogers, however only get a blank page when trying to access the Voicemail settings tab.  Time to call Tech Support I think. 

3littebirds
I've Been Here Awhile

Got things straightened out with a hard reboot through tech support.  Turns out all my calls were going straight to voice mail, yet we had no indicators and when trying to access VM, got a busy signal.  This is the second time we have had this issue. Seems to be resolved now, except still no VM indicators. Once I could finally access VM it turns out I had 4 voice messages that I had no idea were there. 

As far as the open ticket regarding the outage to VM indicators - Tech Support said they are working on a software fix and testing it in the Lab but there is no anticipated resolution date at this point.  

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

@3littebirds wrote:

Got things straightened out with a hard reboot through tech support.  Turns out all my calls were going straight to voice mail, yet we had no indicators and when trying to access VM, got a busy signal.  This is the second time we have had this issue. Seems to be resolved now, except still no VM indicators. Once I could finally access VM it turns out I had 4 voice messages that I had no idea were there. 

As far as the open ticket regarding the outage to VM indicators - Tech Support said they are working on a software fix and testing it in the Lab but there is no anticipated resolution date at this point.  

I have been told about this beta firmware for almost 2 months now!!!

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

********  VM indicator Still not working*******

After outage this morning I now get VM indicator and works!!

I can listen to it and delete it OR not listen to it and dial a number and still see VM indicatore.

Don't know if its final fix  or not

Can someone that had this issue, reboot their modem and test?

Also let me know if you have Arris or Technicolor modem

+++++

Update as of 10 am- Issue is back. no VM indicator!!!

+++++++

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

did ur firmware change can u check and post the version numbers if it did change

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

@Pauly wrote:
did ur firmware change can u check and post the version numbers if it did change

No didn't change and issue is back again!!

MTA & DOCSIS Software Version: 7.1.1.0.46
Software Image Name: TG3482RGS_3.1p25s1_PROD_sey
Advanced Services: TG3482G
Packet Cable: 1.5