Ignite TV home phone voice mail indicators

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV home phone voice mail indicators

@RogersCorey wrote:

Hello @Biollw!

Just a reminder that I did escalate a ticket to have this VM concern resolved. You do not need to get in contact with tech support at this stage. 

You should receive an update in about 24 hours, since I escalated this ticket around noontime yesterday.

Regards,

RogersCorey

So did you escalate a ticket  for specific customer or for Rogers to look into this issue for everyone?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersCorey wrote:

Hello @Biollw!

Just a reminder that I did escalate a ticket to have this VM concern resolved. You do not need to get in contact with tech support at this stage. 

You should receive an update in about 24 hours, since I escalated this ticket around noontime yesterday.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Yes thnx...I have not gotten any text msg yet. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@Biollw wrote:

So now after some changes by @RogersCorey , I get no VM indicator whatsoever. Even if there is VM.

Now back to Rogers Techs to fix the problem that was created by some other changes that were done some time or another in the last month.

Biollw,

Are you using Rogers router or your own router?

I know homophone connects to Rogers modem but I was told that my issue is because I use 3rd party router with IgniteTV router.

Yes I am using my own router. Have been for a while. MSGW was working just fine up until about 4 weeks ago so blaming it on my router would be a long shot.  Like you said it is not connected to the router. It is directly connected to the VB6 modem.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Biollw wrote:

Yes I am using my own router. Have been for a while. MSGW was working just fine up until about 4 weeks ago so blaming it on my router would be a long shot.  Like you said it is not connected to the router. It is directly connected to the VB6 modem.

Biollw,

Is your VB6 set to bridge mode or just wifi disabled? 

Are you using ASUS Mesh router with your Rogers VB6 by any chance?

So since 4 weeks ago you no longer getting "voice mail indicator light or message" on your cordless phone correct?

Highlighted

Hello @seadooxp30,

To provide further clarification, tickets are escalated for each account/example that is provided. Once enough tickets are escalated it is upgraded to a known issue which is then looked at on a much higher level. Rest assured we are still investigating this matter and I am hopeful a solution will be provided shortly.

We appreciate all of your patience while we investigate and resolve this matter.

RogersTony

@seadooxp30 wrote:

@Biollw wrote:

Biollw,

Is your VB6 set to bridge mode or just wifi disabled? 

Are you using ASUS Mesh router with your Rogers VB6 by any chance?

So since 4 weeks ago you no longer getting "voice mail indicator light or message" on your cordless phone correct?

VB6 is bridged. No I am not using mesh. 

It was getting a constant msgw for 4 weeks then @RogersCorey  did  some change the other day and now I get no msgw indicated even with a message waiting. Two brands of cordless plus a vista 200 corded.

I Plan to Stick Around

Can someone using Ignite TV and home phone try following and report back pleae?

- Call your land line and leave a msg

- Check to make sure indicator for voice mail is on (Some phone show a msg on screen, some only have light).

- Pick up the phone and don't listen to vm, just dial a number and hang up and put the phone back on the base.

- Do you still see the VM indicator on?

I Plan to Stick Around

I left a new message on my Ignite TV Home Phone.  No message waiting indicator came on my Panasonic phone set and there is no stutter in the dial tone.  *98 indicates 1 new message waiting.

I agree that this problem showed up about 2 weeks ago and I reported it to Rogers.  They have since sent me 3 text messages all indicating they are still working on the problem.

I Plan to Stick Around

@PCDoctor wrote:

I left a new message on my Ignite TV Home Phone.  No message waiting indicator came on my Panasonic phone set and there is no stutter in the dial tone.  *98 indicates 1 new message waiting.

I agree that this problem showed up about 2 weeks ago and I reported it to Rogers.  They have since sent me 3 text messages all indicating they are still working on the problem.

PCDoctor,

Thanks for posting. This was my exact issue first.

After 4 calls and 2 technician visit, technician called their support and they "previsioned" my phone again. 

Whatever that means.

I lost all my saved messages and greeting but at least I get "voice mail indicator"

Issue that I have now is that indicator only stays on as long as I don't pick up the cordless (Panasonic) from the base and click on talk to dial a number.

As soon as I dial a number voice mail indicator goes away.

Still have the fast dial tone that indicates I have VM but NOT "Voice mail indicator" on my Panasonic LCD screen.

Anyone else having this issue?