Ignite TV home phone voice mail indicators

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite TV home phone voice mail indicators

Since I moved to ignite tv my phone only show “ you have voice mail” only until I pick up the phone.

if I pick up the phone and dial a number and put it back on the base, doesn’t show voice mail indicator any more.

i already called support and sharp rise surprise they reset my system without my permission!!

anyone have this issue when they moved to ignite tv home phone?

*Edited Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Ignite TV home phone voice mail indicators

Hello, @seadooxp30.

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. It's certainly helpful to know a new message is waiting when the caller has recorded the message. It could be a device compatibility issue if you have already checked the Voicemail options and the message waiting indicator is set to ON. 

Community - does anyone experiencing a similar issue?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersMoin wrote:

Hello, @seadooxp30.

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. It's certainly helpful to know a new message is waiting when the caller has recorded the message. It could be a device compatibility issue if you have already checked the Voicemail options and the message waiting indicator is set to ON. 

Community - does anyone experiencing a similar issue?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Thanks for getting back to me.

I already checked all settings.

This is 3 months old Panasonic cordless system that was working fine with Rogers home phone before switching to ignite TV.

I have feeling something on Rogers side is not setup properly.

As I mentioned, I do see indicator on the phone but as soon as I pick up the phone and dial a number it goes away.

This is without listening to voice message!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi. I dont have rogers home phone or ignite home phone but i will try to help. There is 2 types of voicemail indocators. One is the message waiting lamp or indicator on your phone. It can be a light or text. The second is a stuttering dialtone when u pick up. When u call in to the voicemail and listen it sends a signal to clear the light and indicator. Can you confirm this

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for your feedback ...
stuttering dialtone Is there.
This is the message on the phone lcd screen that show “You have voice message”
Nothing has changed in my enviremt from before except going from Rogers phone on cable to Rogers phone with ignite TV
I already checked everyvsettings and also tech support resettled my setting from their end ( which made me very upset for doing that without asking) and still same issue

Good morning @seadooxp30!

I understand that this issue is primarily to do with the "Voicemail Waiting" LED indicator but we still haven't confirmed whether or not you're able to successfully retrieve voicemails. If you call in to check your voicemails, does the indicator light clear?

Can you please confirm so we can troubleshoot accordingly? 

Regards,

RogersCorey

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersCorey wrote:

I understand that this issue is primarily to do with the "Voicemail Waiting" LED indicator but we still haven't confirmed whether or not you're able to successfully retrieve voicemails. If you call in to check your voicemails, does the indicator light clear?

Can you please confirm so we can troubleshoot accordingly? 

Regards,

RogersCorey

Hi,

Yes I can successfully retrieve voicemails. Issue is only the indicator. (In my case the message on the LCD portion of phone "You have a voice message" )

Thank you for confirming. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that third party equipment will be fully compatible with our network. I just wanted to be certain that you were able to retrieve voicemails.

Have you tried contacting Panasonic to see if they have any recommendations for their equipment?

Regards,

RogersCorey

I Plan to Stick Around

I know you are trying to assist but this is typical of Rogers washing their hands off..
Did you see my comments about this issue from other posts?
Same 3 months old Panasonic phone used to work with Rogers cable
This is related to ignite tv home phone
Once again, I do see the message on the lcd screen that there is voice message but as soon as I pick up the phone and dial a number and put it back on the base message goes away !
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

After the message has disappeared, if you picked up the phone again, do you still hear the stuttering dial tone, indicating that a message is waiting.  If not, then there is definitely a problem.  If the stuttering dial tone is present but the message isn't I'd say that's an Ignite TV service issue. 

This looks very much like an integration problem, either with the modem, or with the backend system that runs the integrated product.  The phone standards have been in place for years, going way back when, so, contacting the phone manufacturer to solve a modem issue isn't going to help.  This needs to be reported to the XB6 project manager, whom we have yet to hear from, unless it happens to be @RogersSergio