Ignite TV - getting rid of call waiting

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite TV - getting rid of call waiting

A Rogers agent suckered my into getting Ignite TV and now I am being told that there is no way of getting rid of call waiting. Does anyone know of a solution to this?  (I was told that to get rid of Ignite TV, I would lose my home phone number due to "system limitations".)  How do I get rid of call waiting?

***Added Labels***

I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Ignite TV - getting rid of call waiting

I was told that you can still port it out to other phone provider, then why can't it be ported back to rogers hone phone? 

As for call waiting, just ignore it,  that's what we do.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@1234444w43 : I just checked and couldn't see a way to delete call waiting online. I did find the following:

Changing Your Home Phone Plan or Calling Features?
To modify your services:
Live Chat

However, as mentioned by @Biollw, why not just ignore it or make use of it depending on what you feel like doing at the time?

I Plan to Stick Around

I tried live chat and calling them.  They both gave me their profound apology (which they are experts at) and said that it couldn't be removed and asked me if there was anything else they could help me with (as if they had already helped me with something).

As for ignoring it, while I thank you for pointing that out (I had been under the impression that flipping over to the new caller was mandatory), I find the beeps very annoying for both me and the current caller.

I've Been Around

Did you try calling your personal concierge rep?  You should have their phone number and/or e-mail address.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

it should be very easy to remove call waiting, simply call them up. in some cases call waiting can be disabled by a special * star code too, check with customer service

I Plan to Stick Around

Check with customer service. Great suggestion. I posted here without checking without customer service first. Thanks for pointing that out.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@1234444w43 wrote:

Check with customer service. Great suggestion. I posted here without checking without customer service first. Thanks for pointing that out.

I don't know whether you're being sarcastic or whether you're contradicting what you said in post 4 where you said you did try chat and call?

I Plan to Stick Around

I believe you.  However, spend the afternoon thinking about it and maybe you can figure it out.