Ignite TV flex channels

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Ignite TV flex channels

Had a tech come out a few days ago to update to ignite TV, cannot seem to change my "Flex Channels" due the "Usage & Service" drop down menu not working. Have tried for a couple days and still won't work. When I click on the other drop menus they work fine.

Is there a specific reason why the "Usage & Service" drop down menu won't work?

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV flex channels

@Schaefy  Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!  Some have reported that they were not able to make changes to their account immediately but there might also be a problem with how your Ignite TV services are set up in MyRogers.  I would call the Concierge office to report this issue.  However, there is another way that you can swap channels:

You can view all available channels for all Ignite TV packages here: https://www.rogers.com/web/consumer/ignite-bundles/channels

Make note of the Flex Channels in your package that you want to remove and those that you wish to add.  You can then call Tech Support and they can make the channel swaps for you while you are on the phone with them.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have not been able to make any changes to my account since my Sept.23 install.My account is stuck apparently with a pending order and until or when the back office people fix it nothing can be changed.Opened 3 tickets up top have 2 closed  as "resolved" and finally Oct 4 was told the 3rd ticket wasn't done right and will be another 5 business days to solve.What a joke. My original installer Sept 23 wanted to hardwire all the ignite boxes yet brings a modem that only has 2 lan ports and I have 4 tv boxes. Some of these installers are pretty bad, don't know what they are doing.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I cannot change any flex channels. Now have a message when I try to see if exchange will work saying there is a problem on their end.  Call or Live Chat.  Live Chat shuts down after about five minutes.  Called agent said she could do it for me.  What channels did I want to remove and then what did I want to add.  That would be great if I could actually see what channels are available for me to add.  This has been a headache from day one.  Sorry I ever switched and advised all of my friends to think very carefully before making the switch.  Don't believe the agents when they tell you NOTHING will change.  Many things with digital are not available in Ignite.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hello community,

Yesterday I helped my sister-in-law install her new Ignite Flex 10 bundle (TV, Internet, Home Phone).  Everything works great except that she can't swap her Flex channels.  When she logs into her MyRogers account, she doesn't see her TV service (or any other service for that matter), and thus, cannot swap her channels.  Is this due to the fact that the install and the creation of her MyRogers account (both done yesterday) are still too recent?  Does she need to call in to swap her channels for now?  If so, how long will it take for her services to show up under her MyRogers?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@toolcubed  You won't be able to make any Flex Channel changes until the new account number is active in MyRogers and all of the Ignite services are active on that account.  My understanding is that these days, everything should be set up in MyRogers on day-1 so that you can self-install using the mobile app, install Ignite WiFi Pods, and customize your services.  I would call into Rogers Tech Support or send a PM to @CommunityHelps  so that they can check that everything is okay with the account.

Back when I had Ignite TV installed, the Ignite WiFi Hub app did not even exist yet and the entire installation was done through a web browser.  At that time, it was not unusual for it to take a few days for the rogers.com profile to get updated.

Highlighted

Thanks and sorry for the late reply.  After a day, the services showed up in MyRogers and I was able to exchange her Flex channels 🙂  All good now.  Thanks again!

Highlighted

Greetings community again 🙂

I was comparing channel lineups between Ignite Popular and Ignite Flex 10.  I'm a bit baffled at the fact that the pool of available Flex channels to choose from is different between tiers.  For example, CTV SciFi (formerly Space), BBC Earth, TLN, and numerous others are available Flex channels for Ignite Flex 10 but not for the more expensive Ignite Popular.  Those channels are also available in the even less expensive Flex 5 and the much more expensive Premier.  The are many other channels as well where there are swaths of blank spaces in the Ignite Popular column but where channels are either included or are available thru Flex in the more expensive Premier and less expensive Flex 10 and Flex 5.  This makes no sense whatsoever to me and has me seriously questioning my migration to Ignite TV.  Does anyone know if the channel lineup comparison tool on the Rogers website is accurate?  If so, who the heck made these decisions to not even have some of these channels as available Flex options in the Popular tier???

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@toolcubed  Yes, your observations are correct.  Popular is (ironically) missing some very popular channels, most of which are owned by Rogers' competitors, and the way that Rogers structured their bundles and Theme Packs was VERY deliberate.  The offerings are all geared toward pushing Ignite TV customers either toward Premier or to purchase as many Theme Packs as possible.

If you like the channels that make up the Popular bundle, great.  Want to add CTV SciFi?  That'll be $7, or $10 for Drama & Comedy.  Want to add Discovery Science?  That'll be another $7, or $10 for Science & History.  Want Hollywood Suite?  That's another $6.  Want more kids or educational programming?  You'll need to buy more theme packs... or you can get all of those channels as Flex Channels in Premier... and that makes Premier worth it for some people.

If Popular doesn't offer all of the channels that you want, Premier is too expensive (and forces you to pay for many, MANY channels that you will probably never watch), Flex 10 could be a nice option.  Lots of Flex Channel choices.  However, you also get no Sports, no Stingray Music channels, no 4K channels... and it's still pretty expensive.. and you will still probably need to buy more Theme Packs to get all of the channels that you want.

The only conclusion that I can come up with are that "Popular" was very carefully structured to maximize profitability for Rogers.  It's a good package for those that like Rogers-owned channels: Sports fans and those who watch "lifestyle" programming, and that demographic also gives Rogers-owned channels higher viewership.  If you primarily watch Bell Media-owned channels, you will end up paying a premium with Rogers.

Highlighted

Yup, makes sense...thanks. Leaning towards Flex 10. I don’t care for sports channels or music, and I don’t want to pay a premium for Premier. I was debating cancelling TV altogether at one point because we mostly stream Netflix and Prime...so paying more for a bunch of channels I know we won’t watch doesn’t make sense. Flex 10 seems to have all the channels we need and it’s $15/month less than Popular. Agreed it’s still over priced but I’ll see what promotions are currently available. I was quoted an Ignite Popular bundle with 500u internet for $24/month cheaper than my current legacy cable promotion, which is already very good...saving a bit more by dropping to Flex 10 seems desirable. Sigh...