Ignite TV - eero bridge/AP mode issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite TV - eero bridge/AP mode issues

Question?  Maybe someone else has seen this and can help me figure it out.

My current setup:

Rogers Modem (in router mode with wifi disabled)

Connected to Eero mesh to distribute wifi in house.  Was running in bridge mode now it's now (see below)

Last week all my TV's just stopped working (black screen with channel overlay showing time and channel, but no picture/sound).

I talked to tech support and eventually turned off bridge mode on my Eero which fixed all my TV issues (almost).  So now my only issue is I can't use the netflix app.  I get a NW-2-5 error which I think means the TV can't communicate with netflix.  My PC's and table have no issues with Netflix.  Just the TV app.  Youtube on the TV does work as well.

I did try checking and using different DNS settings, Rogers DNS as well as 8.8.8.8 and just leaving as my Eero 192.168.0.1.  As well as Turing on and off various Eero options.

Was wondering if anyone else has encountered this?  If I change the Eero back to bridge mode (the recommended settings according to Rogers) I get back the black screens.

I was going to try putting my Rogers Modem ( XB6 ) into bridge mode and use just the Eero to see if that helps.  Wanted to ask first?  TV boxes are all Xi6 devices using wireless.

I am pretty sure since this came out of the blue that a firmware update sent to either XB6, Xi6 or the Eero cause this but am not certain and I believe I am running current on all these now.

Thanks,

David,

Re: Ignite TV - eero bridge/AP mode issues

Hello, @dperry.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. The modem in the gateway mode and the eero in the bridge mode is the recommended setup; it's strange this set up is yielding black screen for you. 

@Gdkitty uses the default setup; he may have more ideas on this issue. 

Community - anybody else experiencing a similar issue?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

So I put my Rogers xB6 modem in gateway mode and everything works.

It will not work if in gateway mode with the Eero in bridge. It works without Netflix if both are gateway and double mating.

But at least it’s working now.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My modems (Arris) is in gateway mode at my house.
And the Eero is in bridge. 

And everything works fine. 

I'm Here A Lot

I had a new install done yesterday with the same default setup as Gdkitty. So far everything is working great.

I do have question though. I am trying to sign into my Modem to look at the configuration. I use the I.P. https://10.0.0.1 but cannot sign in as Admin, does any body know the password?

DavidHH

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The default URL, login and PW should be on a label on the modem.

I Plan to Stick Around

@DavidHH wrote:

I had a new install done yesterday with the same default setup as Gdkitty. So far everything is working great.

I do have question though. I am trying to sign into my Modem to look at the configuration. I use the I.P. https://10.0.0.1 but cannot sign in as Admin, does any body know the password?

DavidHH

my installer changed the password to my home number...

I changed it myself after :-)

I'm Here A Lot

There was a Technician at my neighbours so I went out to ask him what the default Modem password was and his response was "we do not give out that password so customers do not mess up their Network".

I guess we are not suppose to have that password. Oh well not a problem as everything is running fine right now, I was just curious.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DavidHH : Did you see post 6 of this thread?

I'm Here A Lot

Yes I did, but the Install Tech must have changed it because it does not work.