Ignite TV down XRE errors

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Ignite TV down XRE errors

XRE-03090 error on all channels

Have tried rebooting several times and did a system restore. Still cannot access any channels. Is there anything else I can try to fix this?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@justjanis wrote:

XRE-03090 error on all channels

Have tried rebooting several times and did a system restore. Still cannot access any channels. Is there anything else I can try to fix this?

Are you using any of your own networking equipment or do you just have your set-top boxes connected wirelessly to the XB6 modem/gateway?

If you are only using Rogers-supplied equipment, I'd cycle power on the XB6, then cycle power on each set-top box.  If the error is caused by a networking/connectivity issue, that should reset things.  If the problem still persists, I'd call tech support and have them investigate further.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

XRE03090 error

I keep getting the above error on the tv.  The app on my iPad works fine.  I’ve refreshed and reset several times and still no service.  Internet signal is fine and strong.  

Highlighted

Hello, @OlgaV.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for your patience and for posting your concern in the Community. 

I appreciate the refresh and reset; were you resetting the set-top box or the modem? Is the error happening on more than one box and affecting multiple channels?

Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so we can run a few tests. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi,

I was watching TV and all of a sudden I see an error message XRE-03090. Anyone seen this message before? If yes, what does it mean?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@TL7 wrote:

I was watching TV and all of a sudden I see an error message XRE-03090. Anyone seen this message before? If yes, what does it mean?

Hi, and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Here's is a description of that error from the Xfinity support web site:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-error-code-xre-03090

It's a generic streaming error.  If this suddenly starts happening on all channels and doesn't go away after a short period of time, it could be due to a connectivity issue.  I would first reset the XB6 modem by power-cycling it.  When the restart is complete and the modem's status light turns solid white, I would restart each set-top box.

If that does not fix the problem or if you are only getting this error on one channel, I would try performing a System Refresh.  Press the "A" button on your remote to open the Troubleshooting page (or go into Settings and select Help) and select "System Refresh".

If you are still getting the XRE-03090 error, please call Rogers Tech Support for further assistance.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm getting this error constantly now for last coulle days. The service has been down more than it has been up
Highlighted

Hello @Thiproduct,

Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for posting your inquiry in the forums. Can you please share what troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? Have you recently skipped any updates? I would recommend you to power cycle the modem and then the set top box. Is this happening on more than one box?

Please keep us posted!

RogersZia

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

since August 8 I've had 14 calls to Rogers.... yesterday 2 techs in 2 separate trucks were sent out to resolved a signal % issue. They came into my house and were here for roughly an hour and a half in and out. Less than 24 hours later the exact same XRE RKB error codes continue to occur. The service is literally down more than operating. Im trying to make a living from home while juggling the 2 kids. This service is broken,I've tried all your helpful resources to restart,refresh, unplug and make inconvenient appointments that resolve absolutely nothing. My bill continues to accrue while I'm having to go over on my phones data to continue to make a livelihood. I am at my whits end... its been down for 6 hours in 3 different occasions this afternoon... give me a break.

Highlighted

Hey @Thiproduct.

Thanks so much for bringing your concern to our attention! I can appreciate that this must be a high level irritant. Given that you've had a 2 technicians visit for this issue I would recommend reaching out to us @CommunityHelps for further assistance. We can take a deeper look into your issue and get to the heart of what's going on. I'm sure you've been through the ringer with this but trust, we'll get to the bottom of it.

To find out more regarding our PM system you can check out our blog. Looking forward to speaking with you.

@RogersAndy