Ignite TV down 9 days out of 12. Error code XRE-03010

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite TV down 9 days out of 12. Error code XRE-03010

Just shy of two weeks ago, Rogers updated firmware on our Ignite set-top boxes to hopefully solve a number of problems.... (we'll wait and see)    Right after the firmware upgrade we had error XRE-03010....."please contact us"   After calling Rogers Tech Support we were given instructions on how to access the wi-fi setup menu for the set-top box.  We input the wi-fi login and password information and service was restored.   The problem is that 9 out of the last 12 mornings we have the same error message come up,  and have to go through the process to type in wi-fi login and password info.   

We suspect Rogers is updating software almost every night and overwriting the wi-fi settings.    We have a second TV but on that one the Ignite box is connected via ethernet cable so it does not have the wi-fi issue. A Senior Tech is scheduled to visit us in two days to come and look at the various issues we are having, including this issue.     

Just wondering if anyone else has this issue and has figured out how to keep it from happening repeatidly .  Its frustrating !!! 

Thanks Doug

***Added Labels***

Re: Ignite TV down 9 days out of 12. Error code XRE-03010

Good evening Doug @Doumat,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! Repeatedly seeing the error code XRE-03010 can be frustrating, especially when you know you've reached out to Rogers technical support to discuss the issue.

That code usually has something to do with the firmware update. What troubleshooting steps have you gone through so far? Make sure to double check the coax cable on the back of the box and make sure your connections are finger tight.

Let us know if this is not resolved following Wednesday's Senior techninan visit! If you still find yourself running into the issue, we could look further into the issue.

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

Dear Rogers Maude,

Did you not read my post?.    This Ignite box is connected via wi-fi and not coax cable, and coax cable does not exist  on Ignite TV.    

Hello, @Doumat.

I can appreciate your situation, getting errors after the firmware upgrade can be disappointing. Thank you for your continued patience. 

RogersMaude was suggesting to check the coax cable at the back of the Ignite WiFi gateway not at the Ignite TV Set-top box. Sorry for the confusion. 

Please keep us apprised on the outcome of tomorrow's tech visit. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

The coax is tight - I checked again.    If is wasn’t we would have wifi issues and internet issues on the other 14 devices in out home.  

I Plan to Stick Around

@Doumat wrote:

The coax is tight - I checked again.    If is wasn’t we would have wifi issues and internet issues on the other 14 devices in out home.  

XRE-03010 is a strange error code; it's not even listed on the Comcast/Xfinity support site.  I found an obscure reference that says it means "Forced Firmware Did Not Download or Apply" but other Internet searches did not turn up any useful information.

The only thing that I can suggest is that you either reboot or power-cycle your XB6 in order to drop and re-establish the Rogers Internet connection.  I would then power-cycle the Xi6 set-top box.  If the XRE-03010 error was caused by a connectivity issue, this might resolve the problem.  If the problem persists, additional troubleshooting will need to be done, and the set-top box might need to be replaced.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

One other item to check is the signal strength to your home/neighbourhood. Many of the issues under discussion in this (TV) forum are related to a poor signal. With a poor signal, the firmware may not be loading properly. You can call Rogers and have them check the signal to your home/neighbourhood. They can do this remotely.

Here's a post on that topic:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M42...

Note that the link for testing the signal yourself may not work for Ignite, but because I'm not on Ignite, I don't know the procedure for viewing signal strength on the box.  Perhaps someone can provide that information here and I can then include it in my FAQ.

I Plan to Stick Around

@57 wrote:

One other item to check is the signal strength to your home/neighbourhood. Many of the issues under discussion in this (TV) forum are related to a poor signal. With a poor signal, the firmware may not be loading properly. You can call Rogers and have them check the signal to your home/neighbourhood. They can do this remotely.

Here's a post on that topic:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M42...

Note that the link for testing the signal yourself may not work for Ignite, but because I'm not on Ignite, I don't know the procedure for viewing signal strength on the box.  Perhaps someone can provide that information here and I can then include it in my FAQ.

This shouldn't be the case with Ignite TV because the Xi6 set-top boxes are connected via either Wi-Fi or Ethernet.  If you have good network connectivity (where both IPv4 and IPv6 work properly), then that's all that matters.  Ignite TV is much more resilient to network errors (unrecoverable codewords that result in packet loss on the RF/DOCSIS side) than the old Digital TV service.  When downloading firmware, any lost TCP segments will get retransmitted.  When watching TV, the transport of the media streams is also completely different and can handle errors much better than the broadcast and switched digital video signals on Digital TV.

The Xfinity forums also make mention of the XRE-03010 error where the solution is to ensure that the coax connections are sound, but this is for an older set-top box that's connected to other Xfinity components via MoCA.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I wonder if it is an issue with that specific box.. and just not taking the firmware update.

Might be worth getting them to swap it out?

I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty 

That was my thought as well.  There's hardly any (public) information on this error.  If it's not an IP/network-connectivity issue and not a weird provisioning issue (or some other problem on the back-end), then it's most likely a faulty set-top box.

The only other suggestion that I can think of is to try using "Refresh your Ignite TV Box(es)" in the MyRogers "TV" section to see if that can reset things back into a good state:

Refresh your Ignite TV Box(es)

If you’re experiencing any technical issues with your Ignite TV Box(es), it’s a good idea to refresh them. (Your settings and recorded shows will be saved.)