Ignite TV defaulting to higher resolution

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Ignite TV defaulting to higher resolution

Have been enjoying Ignite TV for some time now but Rogers must have pushed an update which is causing me issues. Have three boxes but one TV only accepts 720p.  It seems that the rogers ignite box defaults to a higher resolution now despite me taking this box to another TV which accepts 1080i resetting it to 720p then taking the box to the 720p TV, plugging it in and bang it goes back to a higher resolution which renders my TV useless.  

So I did remember the key strokes (as my TV is blank) to put it back on 720p which worked but when the box is shut off via remote it defaults back to 1080i.  

Rogers, not all TVs are 1080i or p.

***edited labels***

Help !

Mike

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV defaulting to higher resolution

@Kervinmi  Hi, and welcome to the Community!

It's possible that the problem may actually be with your TV, or some other issue that is causing problems with the HDMI handshake between the TV and STB.  The set-top box should use whatever resolution has been set in Settings / Device Settings / Video Display / Video Output Resolution.  Make sure that is has been set to something that you know that your TV can handle.

You can also confirm what the set-top box sees as available resolutions and frame rates by pressing (and holding) the "Exit" button for 3 seconds, then key in: "Down Down 2".  On this info screen, navigate to "System > HDMI Info"

Press "Exit" to exit and resume watching TV.

For additional information, you can also press and hold the "Exit" button for 3 seconds, then key in: "Down Down 4".  Position the selector on "A/V Status" and click "OK/Select"

Press "Exit" to exit and resume watching TV.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV defaulting to higher resolution

@Kervinmi  I just remembered one other thing: if you changed the resolution to 720p by using a key sequence such as: Press and hold Rogers (menu) for 3 seconds, Up Up 2 , then key in "0 7 2 0" on the "Enter Control Code" popup, that setting may not stick even though it shows as such.

Go to: "Settings / Device Settings / Video Display / Video Output Resolution".  "16:9, 720p HD" may have a ✔️ next to it but click "OK / Select" on that option anyway.  You may get a popup asking if you want to keep that resolution.  Select "Yes".