Ignite TV browser sign in error

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Ignite TV browser sign in error

Occasionally when signing into Ignite TV via desktop Chrome or Edge browser (Windows10), I'm getting the following message:

Whitelabel Error Page

This application has no explicit mapping for /error, so you are seeing this as a fallback.

Tue Nov 24 18:48:35 UTC 2020
There was an unexpected error (type=Unauthorized, status=401).
Unauthorized

It seems to happen intermittently and eventually resolves itself without intervention after a couple of hours although it seems to occur randomly and resolves itself randomly.  I've tried clearing cache, rebooting the modem, restarting and reinstalling browsers, etc but it never works.  Ignite on my TVs work fine when this issue occurs and internet connectivity is stable.

Is there an easy fix for this or at least an explanation as to what could be going on?  

**Labels Added**

Re: Ignite TV browser sign in error

Greetings and welcome to our Community @nickh7!

That's definitely a weird error that I would like to further investigate. Since it's intermittent and there are seemingly no troubleshooting steps you can take to resolve it, it's most likely that we'll have to escalate a ticket to have this investigated at length.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps so that I may look into this for you. If you're unfamiliar with our private messaging system, please check out our blog here for more info.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Around

Im getting the exact same error.

Hello, @Displacednewfie

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for posting your concern. I know how important it is to be able to access the Ignite TV service via your computer, I stream a lot of TV on my computer also. 

Have you tried all of the troubleshooting steps reported by the OP? If yes, please feel free to send us a private message using the steps outlined by RogersCorey in the post above yours.

RogersTony