cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV box connected to wrong modem

W_MacNutt
I've been around

Had my Rogers guy at my house a few days ago to connect an ignite TV box in an upstairs bedroom. He accidentally connected it to the main gateway in my basement instead of our upstairs hallway pod. So I’m getting basically no service to that TV. Any idea how I can assign that device to the upstairs pod???

*Added Labels*

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ignite TV box connected to wrong modem

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@W_MacNutt wrote:
Had my Rogers guy at my house a few days ago to connect an ignite TV box in an upstairs bedroom. He accidentally connected it to the main gateway in my basement instead of our upstairs hallway pod. So I’m getting basically no service to that TV. Any idea how I can assign that device to the upstairs pod???

Hi, and welcome to the Community Forums!

The Ignite set-top box connects to a Wi-Fi network name, not to a specific Pod.  Try power-cycling the STB.  When it restarts, it should connect to whichever access point (Pod or Gateway) has the strongest signal.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Actually, thats not completely true G

When you go an add the wifi to the box, i found that is showed ALL the APs from all the pods, not just the particular SSID only.
So would allow for choosing different APs.
Though.. they did not show signal level.. so its sort of a guessing game.

But if the OP goes back in and trys to re connect it to the wifi, should be able to try the different APs listed.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Gdkitty  I don't have Pods so I can't confirm this for myself.  It could also be that the Xi6 displays all SSIDs that it discovers, through an active scan as well as from beacons.  It may use whichever AP that you choose to authenticate.  However, if you were to reboot the STB, I would still expect that it would connect to the strongest AP when it tries to join the network.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would think so as well..
Though at least originally (just after I had it installed) it did not seem to be the way.
Was having the same issue on my bedroom box.

Even after reboots.. connected to the wrong one.

Forced it to re connect to a different one.  Has been fine since.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation