cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV and internet cutting out

Simon123
I've been around

Hi all,
I usually don’t post on forums but I’m really frustrated. About 3 weeks ago, my Ignite TV and internet kept on cutting out as frequently as every 30 seconds. TV sound and/or picture would cut out and my internet would time out.
I have had 5 technicians in the last 3 weeks and they replaced the device twice in my closet in my condo unit and they also replaced my modem once. Replacing those devices did not solve the problem.
They also said that there is some noise coming from the lines in my condo’s cable box and they had maintenance work on it 3 times and that seem to have fixed it but the problem always comes back. I also have a friend in my building and they don’t have these issues.
This is really affecting my work as I work from home and my company’s VPN keeps on dropping because of this. Because of these issues, I am thinking on switching to Bell.

Thanks,
Simon

*Added Labels*

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Ignite TV and internet cutting out

RogersZia

Good evening @Simon123,

Welcome to the Community!

I can imagine how inconvenient service interruptions can be. I see you've reached out to us via @CommunityHelps, we're happy to continue assisting you through private messages. 

RogersZia

kbhn
I plan to stick around

ROGERS is a NOT a fair company. I am their client since 2002. The last 4 years I had Ignite 150 on my contract. Yesterday I lost connectivity, called support and they told me the issue is that I have "Legacy' internet and that "system" is outdated thus as Tech needs to come and replace my modem. Hanged off, called again, a new Tech said the issue is "wi-fi" interference. More lies. Booked a service for 2 days latter. Called FIBRESTREAM and they are installing my new service same day, 750mb up and down, 60% cheaper than Rogers. By by Rogers.

David83
I've been here awhile

We have had the same issue on and off for the last 2 years  finally I think we got it fixed  with a new HDMI cable from box to tv

David83
I've been here awhile

A new HDMI cable worked for us

Dcana
I've been around
This has been happening to both of my TVs. Samsung and Sony. I installed high quality HDMI cables and it did not fix the issue. Image goes dark for about 2-3 seconds intermittently constantly unless I go to restart the box. Extremely annoying. Wifi is garbage ever since I changed to Rogers. Have had 3-4 technicians show up, done different things, have never resolved the issue. This includes outside adjustments and interior ones.
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation