cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV and Airpods via Bluetooth - volume?

mackbig
I've been here awhile

Finally upgraded to Ignite TV on the weekend.  Pretty good so far.  Noticed Bluetooth device support.   I paired my Airpod Pro's easily enough.     But I can not seem to adjust the volume.  The default when connected is on the high end of comfortable.  The level is not tied at all to the remote.  The use I am thinking of, is watching TV in bed while someone is sleeping.   So the TV would be on min, but I need to be able to adjust the Airpod volume.  

Is it possible, or will I have to get a headset that has its own volume control, I was thinking it was too good to be true.

Thanks

***Added Labels***

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Ignite TV and Airpods via Bluetooth - volume?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mackbig wrote:

Finally upgraded to Ignite TV on the weekend.  Pretty good so far.  Noticed Bluetooth device support.   I paired my Airpod Pro's easily enough.     But I can not seem to adjust the volume.

Is it possible, or will I have to get a headset that has its own volume control, I was thinking it was too good to be true.

No.  Unfortunately, the Bluetooth output level from the set-top box is fixed.

Confirmed with: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-pair-tv-box-with-bluetooth

Why won't my volume adjust on my Bluetooth headphones?
Volume on Bluetooth headphones can only be adjusted if your headphones have their own internal audio volume control.

mackbig
I've been here awhile

thanks -G-   Surprised it hadnt been asked here before, but kind of expected the answer.  

Might be a good thing for Rogers to add to their 'Pairing FAQ / instructions'...   "Oh by the way once you are paired, you cant do this...."

garyfigueira
I plan to stick around

You have got a lot further than me. I have gone to setting and then devices and then audio and connected my AirPods.

They show under connected devices.

However I am not getting any sound at all from the AirPods. 

They work fine with my phone, iPad , Apple tV but not the Ignite box.

Any suggestions appreciated and welcomed

rumble
I've been here awhile

I am having the same issue. Has it been resolved

garyfigueira
I plan to stick around

The short answer is no.

The longer answer is I was in Florida and the place I was staying at had the exact same Comcast boxes Rogers uses.

Like here the Airpods were connecting but no sound. However after the Airpods Pro 2 firmware update it did work!.

I assumed when I got home in early December it would work here but it did not. Possibly the Rogers Ignite software is not as current as the Comcast and when they update it will work. Will have to wait and see.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

another option to try, dont use the pairing in the ignite set top box, but instead if your TV has bluetooth, pair your wireless ear pods with your TV,   when you control the volume, you are controling a feature of  your TV set not the ignite box, the ignite volume will always be outputting at 100% ,but when you change the volume, even if  you are using the ignite remote, the volume is being adjusted by your actual TV set, so if u want the flexibility to control the volume of your ear pods to a comfortable level, try seeing if  your actual TV set has the ability to pair to external devices such as ear pods or wireless ear phones, then you will have the flexibility of adjusting the volume,  i would never pair my ear pods directly to the ignite box, my tv has bluetooth as well so im going with that option

rumble
I've been here awhile

Hi there, my tv doesn't have Bluetooth so that is not an option to connect to the tv instead of the Rogers set box. The Rogers set box indicates that they WERE connected but when trying to connect again, I keep getting the error message XRE..... I forget the rest of the code but it has been mentioned. I have Samsung Airbuds Pro which are up-to-date in software. The TV  indicates from the past that they were connected now they will not connect. Does anybody have the solution for this Bluetooth connecting to Rogers set box again after it was connected?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

you can buy a instrument or gadget that makes your  tv have bluetooth, it connects to the analog or digital audio output jacks of your tv and gives it a blue tooth signal, then you can connect any wireless ear pod or  headphone and watch tv in peace and quiet

garyfigueira
I plan to stick around

As of today the Airpods Pro 2 works with Canadian Rogers Ignite.

Need the latest Apple firmware for the Airpods and the latest version of software on the Ignite box.

Tested twice this morning-all good.

garyfigueira
I plan to stick around

That was my solution but as of today no longer needed

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation