Ignite TV and Airpods via Bluetooth - volume?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mackbig
I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite TV and Airpods via Bluetooth - volume?

Finally upgraded to Ignite TV on the weekend.  Pretty good so far.  Noticed Bluetooth device support.   I paired my Airpod Pro's easily enough.     But I can not seem to adjust the volume.  The default when connected is on the high end of comfortable.  The level is not tied at all to the remote.  The use I am thinking of, is watching TV in bed while someone is sleeping.   So the TV would be on min, but I need to be able to adjust the Airpod volume.  

Is it possible, or will I have to get a headset that has its own volume control, I was thinking it was too good to be true.

Thanks

***Added Labels***

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV and Airpods via Bluetooth - volume?

@mackbig wrote:

Finally upgraded to Ignite TV on the weekend.  Pretty good so far.  Noticed Bluetooth device support.   I paired my Airpod Pro's easily enough.     But I can not seem to adjust the volume.

Is it possible, or will I have to get a headset that has its own volume control, I was thinking it was too good to be true.

No.  Unfortunately, the Bluetooth output level from the set-top box is fixed.

Confirmed with: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-pair-tv-box-with-bluetooth

Why won't my volume adjust on my Bluetooth headphones?
Volume on Bluetooth headphones can only be adjusted if your headphones have their own internal audio volume control.

mackbig
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Ignite TV and Airpods via Bluetooth - volume?

thanks -G-   Surprised it hadnt been asked here before, but kind of expected the answer.  

Might be a good thing for Rogers to add to their 'Pairing FAQ / instructions'...   "Oh by the way once you are paired, you cant do this...."