Ignite TV | Youtube App | Back button not exiting playing video

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Ignite TV | Youtube App | Back button not exiting playing video

Hello @Dunc

Welcome to the Community!

Have you had a chance to view RogersTony's post? Have you spoken to technical support about this and do you know if there was a ticket created on your account?

Please keep us posted!

RogersZia

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersZia  How many support tickets need to be opened to get this fixed?  Are any tickets open/active and assigned to a developer/support team or are they just getting closed as either a duplicate or with a status of invalid/won't fix?

My fear is that Google considers the current behaviour normal and has no intention of fixing this problem.

Highlighted

@-G- good question! We invite users experiencing this issue to notify us so we can accumulate as many examples as possible and hopefully ensure a fix is deployed in a timely manner. 

Regards

RogersZia

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

...but this affects 100% of boxes with the noted build, which is likely 100% of all newer Xi6 boxes.

Presumably that's a pretty big number of impacted customers?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

After the back button working for the last three weeks. Today it is not working again. Come on Rogers/ Google please get this sorted out!!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Weird how it started working for you @Dennis101, because all 3 of my XiT boxes still have the issue since I reported this about a month ago.

I wonder if the fix is rolling out to only a subset of boxes?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm confused. Originally all of my 4 boxes didn't work then 1 of them worked for 3 weeks until today.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have 5 boxes and problem persist on all of them. I will give it to the end of the month and then look for options. It’s very frustrating and band aids are inefficient. The lack of communication is even more maddening.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

(post merged)

Everytime I press the back button it doesnt do anything. All it does is bring up a tray of recommended videos. How do I make the back button actually work...

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

(post merged)

There is another thread going on about this right now, which confirms that it is pretty global right now the problem.
Seems like this broke in one of the last updates.

Unfortunately, rogers doesnt directly write the software for these boxes, the tech is 'rented' from Comcast, so Rogers will have to wait for them to fix it.