cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV | Youtube App | Back button not exiting playing video

robtoe
I'm a reliable contributor

Tried to start YouTube about an hour ago, and I got a message around "we're having problems with this app", or something similar.

Attempted to launch it a few minutes later, and it started successfully.    However, assuming an update was made to the app, it looks like a bug was introduced: the [back arrow] on the remote no longer exits you from the current video, back to your Home or main navigation area.

It's a bit hard to explain, but if you're watching a video, we've been hitting the back arrow to back out, and choose from the Home area - this no longer does anything.

I got a reality check just now from my kids, who use this non-stop, and indeed there is no longer a way to get back Home, other than exiting the app, and restarting it.

I have tried on all 3 Ignite boxes, and all show the same behavior.   I even restarted one box, but no change.

Anyone else noticing this?   If a change was made, please revert.

***Edited Labels***

66 REPLIES 66

Re: Ignite TV | Youtube App | Back button not exiting playing video

robtoe

I just tested an app reset and Xi6 box restart and still no change.

I'd be surprised if some customers are seeing a fix, unless it is a staged/gradual rollout.  (?)

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@robtoe wrote:

I'd be surprised if some customers are seeing a fix, unless it is a staged/gradual rollout.  (?)

If you go into the YouTube app Settings, App version, you will see that it is based on the build date.  web_20200622_00_RC00 suggests that my version is only 2 days old.  So... either this version of the YouTube app is still broken or something about the update that got pushed out to us is broken.  Either way, not good.

robtoe

Confirmed, I have the same build, and issue still there.

Hello again, @-G-

Thanks for following up with us on this matter.

Regrettably, this issue is still ongoing. There were initial reports that some users were noticing improvement but I can confirm after testing on my end, there is still an issue that we are working on resolving.

Thanks so much for your patience while we work on getting this fixed.

RogersTony

Engmaxx
I've been here awhile

Having the same problem here in Newmarket for weeks.  I watch YouTube primarily so I am very familiar with all of the features and abilities of the app.  This is an extremely discouraging issue and not the first time I have seen it happen in Rogers Ignite.  Last time it happened I fixed it by signing out of YouTube and signing back in but that doesn't work this time.  Please fix this.  Otherwise we love our Ignite; we have two boxes.

Hello @Engmaxx,

A warm welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Thank you for your first post! 😊

We are so happy to hear that you've been enjoying your Ignite TV services (for the most part). I can certainly understand how losing the 'back button' functionality would spoil your experience with the app. 

By any chance, have you spoken to anyone from Rogers and had them lodge a ticket regarding this issue? The more cases that are identified, the sooner we can get this resolved! 💪

If a ticket has not yet been submitted, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you,

RogersLaura

robtoe

Doesn't this repro for all Ignite customers?

It would be interesting to hear from an Ignite customer with no issues, and see what build they are running (you can get that from the app detail steps listed in an earlier post.)

chrisuz91
I plan to stick around

Same issue here. I reset my youtube app and the issue persists. 

Engmaxx
I've been here awhile

Hi, I didn't but I didn't think I needed to as Rogers is working on it(?)

Dennis101
I plan to stick around
Mine is working now, thanks Rogers!!!

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Dennis101 wrote:
Mine is working now, thanks Rogers!!!

Which version of the YouTube app are you running?  I'm running version web_20200628_00_RC00 on an Xi6-T set-top box.  When playing a video, pressing the "Back" button still does not allow me to navigate back one level.  I should be able to press this button repeatedly and eventually navigate back to either the Home screen or the top-level search results.

jjjjy7

Still not working for me.

Dennis101
I plan to stick around
20200624...not sure if it matters but I did submit a "ticket" through Rogers.

Dan1963
I plan to stick around
So they will fix individually? Seriously? That makes no sense.

Dan1963
I plan to stick around
I was at my son’s house today and he has Ignite. I tried YouTube on his TV and same results. It’s not an isolated problem Rogers.

Dennis101
I plan to stick around
UPDATE: I'm super confused I have 4 ignite tv boxes in my house. I have one box with the 20200624 version which the back button now works perfectly. The other 3 boxes have the 20200630 version in which the back button does not work. Not sure how I have different update versions on each box....please fix this Rogers.

Dan1963
I plan to stick around
No action from Rogers on this issue. Surprised?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Dennis101 wrote:
UPDATE: I'm super confused I have 4 ignite tv boxes in my house. I have one box with the 20200624 version which the back button now works perfectly. The other 3 boxes have the 20200630 version in which the back button does not work. Not sure how I have different update versions on each box....please fix this Rogers.

There are two versions of the Ignite set-top box out there: the Xi6-A (made by Arris, with a white label on the bottom) and the Xi6-T (made by Technicolor, with a black label)

Which model(s) do you have and which one works (and does not work) for you?

I am seeing this problem with the Xi6-T.  I do not have any Xi6-A's anymore to test with.

robtoe
I have a case open, and every few days I get a text from Rogers apologizing for the delay.

I suspect ComCast has to take care of the code, and Rogers may be competing with other providers to get the fix applied, i.e. there may be higher priority items out there.

That said, it looks like this affects 100% of all Xi6-T boxes out there, so you'd think we'd get some action soon.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@robtoe wrote:
I suspect ComCast has to take care of the code, and Rogers may be competing with other providers to get the fix applied, i.e. there may be higher priority items out there.

I'm guessing that Comcast tested on the Xi6-A, couldn't reproduce the issue and closed the ticket(s).

@CommunityHelps  Could you please review the tickets that got submitted to Comcast and check to see whether they were advised that this issue may be specific to the Xi6-T?

Dennis101
I plan to stick around
My 4 boxes are all Xi6-T. Only one box has the 20200624 version update and that one now has the back button now working properly. The other 3 boxes have 20200630 version and those boxes back button do not work. It is confusing.
Topic Stats