Ignite TV | Youtube App | Back button not exiting playing video

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV | Youtube App | Back button not exiting playing video

@RogersTony wrote:

We have had reports of some users noticing this issue was resolved but there are also reports of users who still have the issue. Results are mixed at this time and we are working towards a permanent fix. We have been advised that some users have noticed an improvement after resetting the app by following the steps outlined in Post 6 of this thread.

If resetting the app works for you please update the Community with your findings.

Are you saying that the Back button actually works in your testing and allows you to escape out while a YouTube video is playing?  Not on any of my Xi6-T boxes.  Not even after an app reset.  My set-top boxes updated on June 23rd and I am running version 20200622.00.00 of the YouTube app.

The quickest way that I have found to get back to the YouTube Home page is to just issue the "YouTube" voice command.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just tested an app reset and Xi6 box restart and still no change.

I'd be surprised if some customers are seeing a fix, unless it is a staged/gradual rollout.  (?)

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@robtoe wrote:

I'd be surprised if some customers are seeing a fix, unless it is a staged/gradual rollout.  (?)

If you go into the YouTube app Settings, App version, you will see that it is based on the build date.  web_20200622_00_RC00 suggests that my version is only 2 days old.  So... either this version of the YouTube app is still broken or something about the update that got pushed out to us is broken.  Either way, not good.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Confirmed, I have the same build, and issue still there.

Highlighted

Hello again, @-G-

Thanks for following up with us on this matter.

Regrettably, this issue is still ongoing. There were initial reports that some users were noticing improvement but I can confirm after testing on my end, there is still an issue that we are working on resolving.

Thanks so much for your patience while we work on getting this fixed.

RogersTony

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Having the same problem here in Newmarket for weeks.  I watch YouTube primarily so I am very familiar with all of the features and abilities of the app.  This is an extremely discouraging issue and not the first time I have seen it happen in Rogers Ignite.  Last time it happened I fixed it by signing out of YouTube and signing back in but that doesn't work this time.  Please fix this.  Otherwise we love our Ignite; we have two boxes.

Highlighted

Hello @Engmaxx,

A warm welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Thank you for your first post! 😊

We are so happy to hear that you've been enjoying your Ignite TV services (for the most part). I can certainly understand how losing the 'back button' functionality would spoil your experience with the app. 

By any chance, have you spoken to anyone from Rogers and had them lodge a ticket regarding this issue? The more cases that are identified, the sooner we can get this resolved! 💪

If a ticket has not yet been submitted, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you,

RogersLaura

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Doesn't this repro for all Ignite customers?

It would be interesting to hear from an Ignite customer with no issues, and see what build they are running (you can get that from the app detail steps listed in an earlier post.)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Same issue here. I reset my youtube app and the issue persists. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, I didn't but I didn't think I needed to as Rogers is working on it(?)