cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Yellow/Green Screen issue on RCA TV

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

Xi6-T ignite box-how to access video settings

I have the Ignite box Xi6-T which a tech installed today, swapping out the old box because my RCA 4K tv only displayed a green screen & no sound. It worked great when he installed it about 4 hrs ago, but it's now doing it again. Yesterday, I was able to fix this problem by using the box from another TV. It is an Xi6-A. But now, even that doesn't work. I suspect it is a resolution problem. The TV shows 1280X720P when the Ignite box boots up. Anyone else having issues. The tech said there is a known issue with RCA-4K's

thanks

***Added Labels***

81 REPLIES 81

Re: Ignite TV Yellow/Green Screen issue on RCA TV

Mine is working again too! I didn’t change anything.

As well I can now select 4K for resolution settings and I couldn’t before.

scouternorm
I plan to stick around
later today, when I switched input ports from a gaming system, the screen went all fuzzy & made popping noises. After it finally settled down, I changed it back to 1980p. I shut it down but when I restarted, the fuzzy screen goes on and off, and that's all I get. So much for that fix!

scouternorm
I plan to stick around
after unplugging the box & waiting 10 seconds, and starting it again, my TV is fine again. I hope that this is not the start of another problem with Ignite.

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

This morning I had the same problem- screen is snow & crackling noises. The fix was to unplug the box & start it again. But that's a pain. I also did a system refresh, and right now it's fine. I pray that this is not the start of another issue to do with my RCA TV. Here's what the screen looked like at start up:My screen this morningMy screen this morning

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

I just advised Rogers Facebook team of this: "OK, so today, the RCA TV keeps doing the same. The screen is all snowy, fades in & out, and makes popping noises. If I unplug the power to the box & restart it, it is fine, but this is not how I want to have to do to enjoy watching my TV. It's obviously another issue with the box. The firmware update on Mar 2nd or 3rd fixed the yellow/green screen, but now it is this. Please contact your 3rd party vendor (Comcast) & advise them of this."

Hopefully this is not the start of more problems with what Comcast does with firmware updates. I will keep everyone advised on what happens.

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

I just can't believe this! Today, my TV is back to the yellow/green screen again. my TV is an RCA 58" that worked great from 12/31/19 until about 2/10/20, just to bring everyone up to date. I had no luck with Rogers/Comcast fixing this problem, which they acknowledges as strictly theirs, until it started working again on Mar 4th. I had tried my own 'fix' on Mar 3rd, from a Comcast forum dealing with this issue. I changed the Power Saving from 'off' to 'on', and lowered the res to 1080i. The next morning my TV had a picture again! Rogers, when contacted, said it must have been a firmware update on the box by Comcast. Later on the 4th, the screen went all snowy & made crackling noises and seemed to be cycling. The 'fix' was to re-boot the box. That lasted until Mar 6th, when a re-boot wouldn't even fix it, but changing to a different HDMI port did fix it. Rogers asked me to set the Power Savings to 'off', and I finished watching TV until 8 last night. And now the same original problem is back. When looking at the 'about' in settings, it now shows an update at 2/26/20, where before it said 2/14/20.  How about the rest of you that had RCA problems? Have they returned?

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

so Rogers tell me that a firmware update wasn't sent out! What the heck! So I changed Power Savings back to 'on' and restarted the box, and my TV works again. Does it seem like they don't know what the heck they're doing. We'll see what happens tomorrow, but it's been fine for about 5 hours now. 

Zimby
I've been here awhile

I have the same issue and I have a Samsung 4k. It happens every time the tv has been off for a while, then when I turn it on again it's yellow/green and then goes black. The fix is to disconnect the pvr box power cable for 10 seconds ago, and then it's fine for as long as it's on. But then the next time I turn the tv on again, same problem. I had a Rogers technician come over and install a network (apparently, this network has been available from Rogers for about 3 months now; wasn't available when I first got Ignite back in August 2018. Techie thought the network would fix the problem, plus he gave me a new pvr box. Nope. Same problem.

Hello, @Zimby

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can understand how inconvenient this issue must be for you. We definitely want to investigate this fully to see if we can find a solution. Have you tried using a different HDMI cord to see if there is any improvement? Is that the same cord that came with the Ignite TV box or one that you had for the TV previously?

This is the first time we have heard of this issue affecting a Samsung TV, most report this issue occurring on RCA TVs and other similar models.

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony

turnert
I've been here awhile

Re: Ignite TV Yellow/Green Screen issue on Vizio TV

Hi,  Well I am going to jump in on this post.  I have two Vizio TVs that are doing the same thing.  Numerous calls to rogers and to the manufacturer (Vizio).  No one seems to have a solution.  Both say it is a compatability problem and could be Comcast that provides the modem (arris xb6). Did every trouble shot imaginable and still same yellow screen.  Smartcast works fine and DVD players so there is nothing wrong with the TVs.  All other tvs in house work fine. One TV is 75 inch so not too anxious to replace.  Every time I call, I have to explain the same thing over again and they say they are not aware of the issue.  Even sent the address to this post. Very frustrating

Terry

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

I have found a kind of work around as follows:
Go into settings, by pressing the Rogers button & choose the gear icon, then Device Settings-Power Preferences, and set Power Saver to ON. This will make the Ignite box shut down overnight. The next morning, start & see what happens. If you get a snowy screen with crackling noises, unplug the box for 10 secs. Then it should start up normally. This works for me almost all the time & on occasion, the TV starts right up, but not often. It's a pain & not a fix, but I can watch my TV. Let me know if this works.

turnert
I've been here awhile

Thank you for the suggested work around.  Unfortunately it didn't work for me.  Tried it twice but still unsuccessful.  It would seem that Rogers should take the lead on this as we are a bit helpless to resolve the issue.  Need real expertise to figure out why it is caused on specific TVs and the solution.

I am also having this issue on a Samsung 4k tv. So far resetting the cable box once a day has worked, but I don't know for how long. Screen goes green/yellow and no sound. Reboot the box and it is fine for the rest of the day.

Hello and welcome to our Community @Jazzman16!

Have you checked to make sure your Samsung TV is fully up to date and has received all its firmware updates?

Regards,

RogersCorey

jacoblucas
I've been here awhile

This green screen/no sound issue is not exclusive to RCA TV's. It also is simulated through receivers such as my Onkyo receiver. I have tried all of the fixes like HDMI cable switching, Rogers box switching, etc., to no avail. I believe that the signal is too weak to display/provide the required signal to produce the correct color and sound. The final word from a low level technician was that it would require a software update which is not yet available. He then put me on hold in order to escalate, and without notice, disconnected me? And, btw, the screen changed to green and no sound directly after a scheduled daily Rogers software update...prior to the update commencement, I did not touch anything and was just watching TV.

I'm experiencing the same issue on a Samsung 4k. I switched with another box which resolved the problem briefly, but it came back. I changed to a new HDMI cable... Fixed for a few hours and now it's green again.

Zimby
I've been here awhile

The fix that I use is a pain, but it works: I unplug both the power and the other cable from my 4k pvr for 10 seconds, then hook them back up. In about a minute, the tv is fine again, and stays fine the entire time you watch.

The next day, though, back to square one.

Im having the same issue with my Vizio 70".
Cant even tell you how many times Ive contacted Rogers on this with no resolution. Im so incredibly frustrated because its been fine for 2 years and now for the last 5 months its unusable. Especially given that we are all home now, not having the service work is so so frustrating!!! I am at the point where Im ready to go elsewhere...Im tired of the non answers Ive been getting
Topic Stats