Ignite TV Yellow/Green Screen issue on RCA TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV Yellow/Green Screen issue on RCA TV

so today is the 2 week anniversary of when my screen issue began with Ignite & my RCA 4K TV. Altho I have been assigned a case number, the issue is unresolved. Rogers on FB have nothing new to report. To say that this is the height of ridiculousness is a massive understatement. Possibly my case will get more priority when I don't pay my February bill? One other thing that I just thought of: When the tech came with a new box on Feb 10th, it worked for about 3 hours. Probably the length of time for a Comcast update to be done on this new box. So there may be boxes out there that haven't been updated? Maybe the firmware can be 'cloned' and put on the boxes that are causing the issues?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This was sent from Rogers on Facebook yesterday, after I asked them to look into the case number that I was assigned: " The update will have been pushed to approximately 20% of the boxes by end of day today and the tentative plan is to have it pushed to 100% of the boxes by the end of this week as long as no issues occur with the boxes that have been updated to the new firmware version. "

So, hopefully, with no glitches, I will be able to watch TV again on the RCA.  If anyone else was having these issues with RCA TV's let me know if your problem gets resolved. I would love to mark this post as "Accept as solution" !

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

The issue seems to be resolved on my RCA, as well as the issue that I was having with the other boxes, where I had to unplug the hdmi and power cables from the ignite box once my televisions wqas turned on to get service.   

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Lucky you! My TV is still screwed up.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am glad for you to be resolved! I must say that Rogers as seems to be ususal, has communicated poorly with us their customers and taken way too long to resolve these issues.  Let us know what they provide in terms of a loyalty retention and peace offering.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So now it is almost 3 weeks since I have been able to watch MY BRAND NEW, 58' RCA 4K TV!! After telling me 3 days ago that  the update will have been pushed to approximately 20% of the boxes by end of day today and the tentative plan is to have it pushed to 100% of the boxes by the end of this week as long as no issues occur with the boxes that have been updated to the new firmware version, I contacted Rogers FB again today, and now they say "I reviewed the case that was created and it looks like there has been a delay in fixing the problem. Our technician teams are still working on it to get the problem resolved. We are sorry that it is taking so long."

So really, they have no fix, never had a fix, and probably will never have a fix. My TV worked fine from the day that Ignite was installed on Dec 31/19, until Feb 9th, 2020. As far as I am concerned, Rogers needs to replace my new TV with a brand that works. I have 2 others in the house, that work fine, an LG & a Sharp, so I don't understand why an RCA TV has these issues.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

It's still messed up.  Just when I think it's resolved...,

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@scouternorm wrote:

As far as I am concerned, Rogers needs to replace my new TV with a brand that works.

Okay, good luck with that.  Have they offered any other workarounds, like providing you with a component video converter until this mess gets resolved?  I also don't understand why Rogers can't load an Xi6 with firmware that's compatible with your TV, provision it so that it cannot autoupdate, and then send it out to you.

I have 2 others in the house, that work fine, an LG & a Sharp, so I don't understand why an RCA TV has these issues.

I suspect that Comcast and RCA (or whoever actually makes their TVs these days) are both pointing fingers at each other and denying that it's their problem.  My guess is that the fixes that they (Comcast and/or Rogers) have tested so far are also causing other regressions.  (FYI, I had problems years ago with my Sony TV and Panasonic Blu-ray player not negotiating the colour space correctly.  Thankfully I could configure both manually to get a sub-optimal workaround but eventually both stopped issuing firmware updates.)  At the very least, Rogers needs to explain what the underlying problem is and why it is taking so long to resolve.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

is your TV an RCA? & did you have the same issues- yellow, green screen & no sound & large resolution? Now Rogers tell me that by Sunday, my TV problems will be fixed! For some reason, I just don't believe it!
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I am having the exact same issues with my RCA.  Had happened once before but was fixed within half a day.  Today again the same problem.  The other TV in my house is fine.  Have switched the boxes and cables with no luck.