Ignite TV Yellow/Green Screen issue on RCA TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV Yellow/Green Screen issue on RCA TV

Yes, well I'm certainly not in a position to buy 2 TVs either, so I also feel the pain and I will ask for some sort of compensation from Rogers. I will then sell the RCA in the box it came in, after Rogers gets their fix done and knowing I won't be passing on a problem to someone else. 

These providers have captive audiences. Perhaps its time the CRTC imposes hefty fines for providers when services are less than proper or deviate from those promised or implied.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

At least you are getting some communication from Rogers...not a word from them here despite 2 telephone calls to them!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Now, I seem to have an issue with both boxes.  The colour issue and volume was resolved for the RCA, but now I need to reset the rogers box every time I turn on either television.  I get signal not found message and I need to take out the cables from the ignite box, wait for the solid light and turn on the telelvision again and wait for it to cycle through.  This is getting very annoying... 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mm1k wrote:

These providers have captive audiences. Perhaps its time the CRTC imposes hefty fines for providers when services are less than proper or deviate from those promised or implied.

I understand your frustration but Rogers is just as much the victim in this situation as you are.  Granted, Rogers probably could have managed the situation better, and (based on what I see here) should have also communicated better, more consistently and more openly with all those impacted.

HDMI also makes me cringe.  When it works, it works.  When you are trying to resolve issues that arise from incompatible implementations, it is a HUGE pain for all stakeholders.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Are both your TV sets RCA?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

krnmarie- on the RCA that I'm having the issue with,I get the same message when I turn on the Ignite box- Signal not found- but I use the TV remote to look at video source, and make sure that it is the correct HDMI. The thing is tho, that the source is correct, it's just that the Ignite box isn't connecting until I choose that port with the TV remote. It never used to do this, and my other 2 TV's & boxes are not doing this, so hopefully the Comcast update will fix everything. My other TV's are Sharp & LG.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No. I have RCA, Sharp & LG
Highlighted

Hi @krnmarie,

It's good to hear that the issues regarding the colour and volume have now been resolved for your RCA TV! I understand that a reset of your TV box did the trick?

Regarding your new issue with constantly having to reboot your 2 TV boxes (which would be annoying for anyone!), can you please have a look at this great post by one of our RE's to see if it is helpful? 

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Trouble-with-the-ignite-TV-box/m-p/454493/highlight/...

Please let us know how it goes! 

RogersLaura

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Well Laura, the original issue with the Yellow/Green Screen has not been resolved. I turned on my RCA 58 inch and my screen is Yellow/Green and I have no sound! This is maddening! When will this issue be fixed, or the last release rolled back?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Krnmarie I couldn’t wait so I sold off my just purchased 65” RCA at a bit of a loss and went out and bought an LG and it has worked fine... hard to do but I didn’t like being as frustrated as I was. Good luck...disappointing to say the least and I hope that Rogers will reimburse us all for these issues.