Ignite TV Yellow/Green Screen issue on RCA TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV Yellow/Green Screen issue on RCA TV

My mother in law is having the same issue.

Her smaller RCA TV is having the same issues described in this thread.
But her Toshiba in the kitchen does not have this issue.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

well, lots of luck! I got another text from Rogers yesterday that was identical, word for word, as the one I got Sat. Mainly, no real update, so sorry, blah, blah. It is getting beyond ridiculous that this issue persists.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I called Rogers yesterday with this same issue with my 58 inch RCA.  The tech had me unplug the cables to the box, and reset the Ignite box, and when the box cycled and I turned on the tv again I had sound and the colour was correct.  Might be worth while to have them do the same for you, if they haven't already done so. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Sorry the tech reset the box from there.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yep, they first reset my box then replaced my box, on my brand new RCA 65" and it worked until the next morning and then it went back to green/yellow screen with no sound! I have not yet received any text messages from Rogers nor any followup whatsoever - so much for concierge service!

I went out and bought a 65" LG and it has worked fine since then...now what do I do with my brand new RCA that I can't use? Rogers are you listening?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

so are you saying that Rogers reset the box from their end?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, then replaced the box at my home when that didn't work, and still doesn't work. I replaced the new TV with another (LG) now it works. But I am out the cost of the original new 65" TV as it can't be returned.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

To be clear I had a new  65" RCA and replaced it with a new 65" LG...no more green/yellow screen

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

yeah, well my financial circumstances prevent me from buying a TV that Ignite works with. If Rogers can't fix my problem, then I will have to fight with them about that. The whole thing is ridiculous, since my TV worked fine from Dec 31/19 until approx Feb 9/20. Something at Rogers end screwed up, so they should be liable for replacing my TV

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

after rec'g yet another text from Rogers, that is identical to the first 2, basically saying that the remedy is delayed, I contacted Rogers on FB messenger & this is what he was able to find out: "So I just had a look here and they do know what the issue is. We are just waiting on Comcast to push out another round of updates that should resolve this. So it should be pretty soon. The latest list of impacted users was already sent to them. -"

So hopefully this gets resolved soon.