Ignite TV Yellow/Green Screen issue on RCA TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scouternorm
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV Yellow/Green Screen issue on RCA TV

MY RCA is a 58" 4K model RHOS581SM. It was bought brand new on 12/28/19 to use with Ignite & worked fine until Feb 9th. What model is yours?
bcole117
I'm Here A Lot

Mine is the RCA 70" Scenium Model SRCUS7040.  Bought in January of 2019.  Have had Rogers Ignite the same amount of time with no issues. 

scouternorm
I Plan to Stick Around

and when did yours quit working?
bcole117
I'm Here A Lot

Just this morning.
mm1k
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello at the risk of being redundant...this seems to be an issue of incompatibility between Rogers and RCA (regardless of size or model). After being frustrated for close to 2 weeks I sold off my 65” New RCA and bought an LG and it works fine. Don’t hold your breath for Rogers to fix this anytime soon.
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bcole117 wrote:
Just this morning.

I checked "Settings > About" and I'm still running Release 109.0.1 (dated 02/14/20) on my Xi6-T.  I would ask you to do the same but that seems rather pointless at the moment. 

Is it possible that your TV updated its firmware and that's when things broke?

scouternorm
I Plan to Stick Around

mm1k, I don't have the financial means to do what you did. And really, it is Rogers who messed up. Not me. I will be going after them for another TV, on their dime. On Friday, Rogers said my problem would be fixed by end of the week, Sunday. So far it hasn't been fixed.

scouternorm
I Plan to Stick Around

My TV doesn't do firmware updates. And when another box was del'd to me on Feb 10th, it worked fine for about 3 hrs, so probably until the box was updated by Comcast. Rogers admits it is their problem. End of story, except it isn't fixed. My box has same version & update time as yours, so they have been still doing updates, or possibly trying rollbacks.
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My question was directed at @bcole117  - It's very strange that everything was working fine until yesterday morning.

bcole117
I'm Here A Lot

I agree. It happened once before for half a day. Talking to Rogers it appears that the latest push update may have caused the problem with mine. I have had the TV for a year. Switched Rogers boxes, HDMI nothing. Yet everything else I have hooked up works fine...Apple Box and a PlayStation.