Ignite TV Yellow/Green Screen issue on RCA TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV Yellow/Green Screen issue on RCA TV

The incompetence seems to be increasing. My TV is still the same (maybe even a bit worse), but update time is still 2/14/20. Rogers tells me " the firmware is being deployed by batches, therefore, my Ignite TV Box might not have received the update yet. Please wait a little longer and you can follow up with us again tomorrow if your box hasn't received the update."

Please let me know if yours improves.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@scouternorm wrote:
My TV doesn't do firmware updates. 

Most electronics can do firmware updates. Some do it automatically. Some do it when you ask it to.  Depends on the user settings in the TV.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

so yesterday, I was searching on an Xfinity forum (Comcast's Ignite) for others with similar issues. Found a fix that many said had worked, so I tried it. I set Power Saver to 'on' in the box, and changed resolution to 1080i. This didn't immediately fix anything, but today, when I turned the box & TV on, my TV was back to normal. Another thing: prior to today, when trying to set my TV to the optimal 4K resolution of 2060p, the Ignite box gave a message saying that it wasn't supported. Today, I was able to set it to 2060p. I still have power save on. I asked Rogers if Comcast had done anything, and they don't know! This after telling me that a text message would be sent once the issue was resolved. So much for that.

So, I still don't know if I fixed it, or Comcast did a firmware update, or rollback. The box still has the same timestamp as before 2/14/20. Anyway, I hope that this is a permanent fix! Now I just have to get some monetary relief for the 3-1/2 weeks I wasn't able to watch TV.  

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Mine is working again too! I didn’t change anything.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

As well I can now select 4K for resolution settings and I couldn’t before.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

later today, when I switched input ports from a gaming system, the screen went all fuzzy & made popping noises. After it finally settled down, I changed it back to 1980p. I shut it down but when I restarted, the fuzzy screen goes on and off, and that's all I get. So much for that fix!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

after unplugging the box & waiting 10 seconds, and starting it again, my TV is fine again. I hope that this is not the start of another problem with Ignite.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This morning I had the same problem- screen is snow & crackling noises. The fix was to unplug the box & start it again. But that's a pain. I also did a system refresh, and right now it's fine. I pray that this is not the start of another issue to do with my RCA TV. Here's what the screen looked like at start up:My screen this morningMy screen this morning

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just advised Rogers Facebook team of this: "OK, so today, the RCA TV keeps doing the same. The screen is all snowy, fades in & out, and makes popping noises. If I unplug the power to the box & restart it, it is fine, but this is not how I want to have to do to enjoy watching my TV. It's obviously another issue with the box. The firmware update on Mar 2nd or 3rd fixed the yellow/green screen, but now it is this. Please contact your 3rd party vendor (Comcast) & advise them of this."

Hopefully this is not the start of more problems with what Comcast does with firmware updates. I will keep everyone advised on what happens.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just can't believe this! Today, my TV is back to the yellow/green screen again. my TV is an RCA 58" that worked great from 12/31/19 until about 2/10/20, just to bring everyone up to date. I had no luck with Rogers/Comcast fixing this problem, which they acknowledges as strictly theirs, until it started working again on Mar 4th. I had tried my own 'fix' on Mar 3rd, from a Comcast forum dealing with this issue. I changed the Power Saving from 'off' to 'on', and lowered the res to 1080i. The next morning my TV had a picture again! Rogers, when contacted, said it must have been a firmware update on the box by Comcast. Later on the 4th, the screen went all snowy & made crackling noises and seemed to be cycling. The 'fix' was to re-boot the box. That lasted until Mar 6th, when a re-boot wouldn't even fix it, but changing to a different HDMI port did fix it. Rogers asked me to set the Power Savings to 'off', and I finished watching TV until 8 last night. And now the same original problem is back. When looking at the 'about' in settings, it now shows an update at 2/26/20, where before it said 2/14/20.  How about the rest of you that had RCA problems? Have they returned?