cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Yellow/Green Screen issue on RCA TV

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

Xi6-T ignite box-how to access video settings

I have the Ignite box Xi6-T which a tech installed today, swapping out the old box because my RCA 4K tv only displayed a green screen & no sound. It worked great when he installed it about 4 hrs ago, but it's now doing it again. Yesterday, I was able to fix this problem by using the box from another TV. It is an Xi6-A. But now, even that doesn't work. I suspect it is a resolution problem. The TV shows 1280X720P when the Ignite box boots up. Anyone else having issues. The tech said there is a known issue with RCA-4K's

thanks

***Added Labels***

81 REPLIES 81

Re: Ignite TV Yellow/Green Screen issue on RCA TV

The issue seems to be resolved on my RCA, as well as the issue that I was having with the other boxes, where I had to unplug the hdmi and power cables from the ignite box once my televisions wqas turned on to get service.   

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

Lucky you! My TV is still screwed up.

mm1k
I plan to stick around

I am glad for you to be resolved! I must say that Rogers as seems to be ususal, has communicated poorly with us their customers and taken way too long to resolve these issues.  Let us know what they provide in terms of a loyalty retention and peace offering.

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

So now it is almost 3 weeks since I have been able to watch MY BRAND NEW, 58' RCA 4K TV!! After telling me 3 days ago that  the update will have been pushed to approximately 20% of the boxes by end of day today and the tentative plan is to have it pushed to 100% of the boxes by the end of this week as long as no issues occur with the boxes that have been updated to the new firmware version, I contacted Rogers FB again today, and now they say "I reviewed the case that was created and it looks like there has been a delay in fixing the problem. Our technician teams are still working on it to get the problem resolved. We are sorry that it is taking so long."

So really, they have no fix, never had a fix, and probably will never have a fix. My TV worked fine from the day that Ignite was installed on Dec 31/19, until Feb 9th, 2020. As far as I am concerned, Rogers needs to replace my new TV with a brand that works. I have 2 others in the house, that work fine, an LG & a Sharp, so I don't understand why an RCA TV has these issues.

krnmarie
I'm here a lot

It's still messed up.  Just when I think it's resolved...,

@scouternorm wrote:

As far as I am concerned, Rogers needs to replace my new TV with a brand that works.

Okay, good luck with that.  Have they offered any other workarounds, like providing you with a component video converter until this mess gets resolved?  I also don't understand why Rogers can't load an Xi6 with firmware that's compatible with your TV, provision it so that it cannot autoupdate, and then send it out to you.

I have 2 others in the house, that work fine, an LG & a Sharp, so I don't understand why an RCA TV has these issues.

I suspect that Comcast and RCA (or whoever actually makes their TVs these days) are both pointing fingers at each other and denying that it's their problem.  My guess is that the fixes that they (Comcast and/or Rogers) have tested so far are also causing other regressions.  (FYI, I had problems years ago with my Sony TV and Panasonic Blu-ray player not negotiating the colour space correctly.  Thankfully I could configure both manually to get a sub-optimal workaround but eventually both stopped issuing firmware updates.)  At the very least, Rogers needs to explain what the underlying problem is and why it is taking so long to resolve.

scouternorm
I plan to stick around
is your TV an RCA? & did you have the same issues- yellow, green screen & no sound & large resolution? Now Rogers tell me that by Sunday, my TV problems will be fixed! For some reason, I just don't believe it!

I am having the exact same issues with my RCA.  Had happened once before but was fixed within half a day.  Today again the same problem.  The other TV in my house is fine.  Have switched the boxes and cables with no luck. 

scouternorm
I plan to stick around
MY RCA is a 58" 4K model RHOS581SM. It was bought brand new on 12/28/19 to use with Ignite & worked fine until Feb 9th. What model is yours?

Mine is the RCA 70" Scenium Model SRCUS7040.  Bought in January of 2019.  Have had Rogers Ignite the same amount of time with no issues. 

scouternorm
I plan to stick around
and when did yours quit working?

Just this morning.

mm1k
I plan to stick around
Hello at the risk of being redundant...this seems to be an issue of incompatibility between Rogers and RCA (regardless of size or model). After being frustrated for close to 2 weeks I sold off my 65” New RCA and bought an LG and it works fine. Don’t hold your breath for Rogers to fix this anytime soon.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bcole117 wrote:
Just this morning.

I checked "Settings > About" and I'm still running Release 109.0.1 (dated 02/14/20) on my Xi6-T.  I would ask you to do the same but that seems rather pointless at the moment. 

Is it possible that your TV updated its firmware and that's when things broke?

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

mm1k, I don't have the financial means to do what you did. And really, it is Rogers who messed up. Not me. I will be going after them for another TV, on their dime. On Friday, Rogers said my problem would be fixed by end of the week, Sunday. So far it hasn't been fixed.

scouternorm
I plan to stick around
My TV doesn't do firmware updates. And when another box was del'd to me on Feb 10th, it worked fine for about 3 hrs, so probably until the box was updated by Comcast. Rogers admits it is their problem. End of story, except it isn't fixed. My box has same version & update time as yours, so they have been still doing updates, or possibly trying rollbacks.

My question was directed at @bcole117  - It's very strange that everything was working fine until yesterday morning.

bcole117
I'm here a lot
I agree. It happened once before for half a day. Talking to Rogers it appears that the latest push update may have caused the problem with mine. I have had the TV for a year. Switched Rogers boxes, HDMI nothing. Yet everything else I have hooked up works fine...Apple Box and a PlayStation.

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

The incompetence seems to be increasing. My TV is still the same (maybe even a bit worse), but update time is still 2/14/20. Rogers tells me " the firmware is being deployed by batches, therefore, my Ignite TV Box might not have received the update yet. Please wait a little longer and you can follow up with us again tomorrow if your box hasn't received the update."

Please let me know if yours improves.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@scouternorm wrote:
My TV doesn't do firmware updates. 

Most electronics can do firmware updates. Some do it automatically. Some do it when you ask it to.  Depends on the user settings in the TV.

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

so yesterday, I was searching on an Xfinity forum (Comcast's Ignite) for others with similar issues. Found a fix that many said had worked, so I tried it. I set Power Saver to 'on' in the box, and changed resolution to 1080i. This didn't immediately fix anything, but today, when I turned the box & TV on, my TV was back to normal. Another thing: prior to today, when trying to set my TV to the optimal 4K resolution of 2060p, the Ignite box gave a message saying that it wasn't supported. Today, I was able to set it to 2060p. I still have power save on. I asked Rogers if Comcast had done anything, and they don't know! This after telling me that a text message would be sent once the issue was resolved. So much for that.

So, I still don't know if I fixed it, or Comcast did a firmware update, or rollback. The box still has the same timestamp as before 2/14/20. Anyway, I hope that this is a permanent fix! Now I just have to get some monetary relief for the 3-1/2 weeks I wasn't able to watch TV.  

Topic Stats