cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Yellow/Green Screen issue on RCA TV

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

Xi6-T ignite box-how to access video settings

I have the Ignite box Xi6-T which a tech installed today, swapping out the old box because my RCA 4K tv only displayed a green screen & no sound. It worked great when he installed it about 4 hrs ago, but it's now doing it again. Yesterday, I was able to fix this problem by using the box from another TV. It is an Xi6-A. But now, even that doesn't work. I suspect it is a resolution problem. The TV shows 1280X720P when the Ignite box boots up. Anyone else having issues. The tech said there is a known issue with RCA-4K's

thanks

***Added Labels***

81 REPLIES 81

Re: Ignite TV Yellow/Green Screen issue on RCA TV

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

well, lots of luck! I got another text from Rogers yesterday that was identical, word for word, as the one I got Sat. Mainly, no real update, so sorry, blah, blah. It is getting beyond ridiculous that this issue persists.

I called Rogers yesterday with this same issue with my 58 inch RCA.  The tech had me unplug the cables to the box, and reset the Ignite box, and when the box cycled and I turned on the tv again I had sound and the colour was correct.  Might be worth while to have them do the same for you, if they haven't already done so. 

Sorry the tech reset the box from there.

mm1k
I plan to stick around

Yep, they first reset my box then replaced my box, on my brand new RCA 65" and it worked until the next morning and then it went back to green/yellow screen with no sound! I have not yet received any text messages from Rogers nor any followup whatsoever - so much for concierge service!

I went out and bought a 65" LG and it has worked fine since then...now what do I do with my brand new RCA that I can't use? Rogers are you listening?

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

so are you saying that Rogers reset the box from their end?

mm1k
I plan to stick around

Yes, then replaced the box at my home when that didn't work, and still doesn't work. I replaced the new TV with another (LG) now it works. But I am out the cost of the original new 65" TV as it can't be returned.

mm1k
I plan to stick around

To be clear I had a new  65" RCA and replaced it with a new 65" LG...no more green/yellow screen

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

yeah, well my financial circumstances prevent me from buying a TV that Ignite works with. If Rogers can't fix my problem, then I will have to fight with them about that. The whole thing is ridiculous, since my TV worked fine from Dec 31/19 until approx Feb 9/20. Something at Rogers end screwed up, so they should be liable for replacing my TV

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

after rec'g yet another text from Rogers, that is identical to the first 2, basically saying that the remedy is delayed, I contacted Rogers on FB messenger & this is what he was able to find out: "So I just had a look here and they do know what the issue is. We are just waiting on Comcast to push out another round of updates that should resolve this. So it should be pretty soon. The latest list of impacted users was already sent to them. -"

So hopefully this gets resolved soon.

mm1k
I plan to stick around

Yes, well I'm certainly not in a position to buy 2 TVs either, so I also feel the pain and I will ask for some sort of compensation from Rogers. I will then sell the RCA in the box it came in, after Rogers gets their fix done and knowing I won't be passing on a problem to someone else. 

These providers have captive audiences. Perhaps its time the CRTC imposes hefty fines for providers when services are less than proper or deviate from those promised or implied.

mm1k
I plan to stick around

At least you are getting some communication from Rogers...not a word from them here despite 2 telephone calls to them!

Now, I seem to have an issue with both boxes.  The colour issue and volume was resolved for the RCA, but now I need to reset the rogers box every time I turn on either television.  I get signal not found message and I need to take out the cables from the ignite box, wait for the solid light and turn on the telelvision again and wait for it to cycle through.  This is getting very annoying... 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mm1k wrote:

These providers have captive audiences. Perhaps its time the CRTC imposes hefty fines for providers when services are less than proper or deviate from those promised or implied.

I understand your frustration but Rogers is just as much the victim in this situation as you are.  Granted, Rogers probably could have managed the situation better, and (based on what I see here) should have also communicated better, more consistently and more openly with all those impacted.

HDMI also makes me cringe.  When it works, it works.  When you are trying to resolve issues that arise from incompatible implementations, it is a HUGE pain for all stakeholders.

mm1k
I plan to stick around

Are both your TV sets RCA?

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

krnmarie- on the RCA that I'm having the issue with,I get the same message when I turn on the Ignite box- Signal not found- but I use the TV remote to look at video source, and make sure that it is the correct HDMI. The thing is tho, that the source is correct, it's just that the Ignite box isn't connecting until I choose that port with the TV remote. It never used to do this, and my other 2 TV's & boxes are not doing this, so hopefully the Comcast update will fix everything. My other TV's are Sharp & LG.

scouternorm
I plan to stick around
No. I have RCA, Sharp & LG

Hi @krnmarie,

It's good to hear that the issues regarding the colour and volume have now been resolved for your RCA TV! I understand that a reset of your TV box did the trick?

Regarding your new issue with constantly having to reboot your 2 TV boxes (which would be annoying for anyone!), can you please have a look at this great post by one of our RE's to see if it is helpful? 

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Trouble-with-the-ignite-TV-box/m-p/454493/highlight/...

Please let us know how it goes! 

RogersLaura

Well Laura, the original issue with the Yellow/Green Screen has not been resolved. I turned on my RCA 58 inch and my screen is Yellow/Green and I have no sound! This is maddening! When will this issue be fixed, or the last release rolled back?

mm1k
I plan to stick around
Krnmarie I couldn’t wait so I sold off my just purchased 65” RCA at a bit of a loss and went out and bought an LG and it has worked fine... hard to do but I didn’t like being as frustrated as I was. Good luck...disappointing to say the least and I hope that Rogers will reimburse us all for these issues.

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

so today is the 2 week anniversary of when my screen issue began with Ignite & my RCA 4K TV. Altho I have been assigned a case number, the issue is unresolved. Rogers on FB have nothing new to report. To say that this is the height of ridiculousness is a massive understatement. Possibly my case will get more priority when I don't pay my February bill? One other thing that I just thought of: When the tech came with a new box on Feb 10th, it worked for about 3 hours. Probably the length of time for a Comcast update to be done on this new box. So there may be boxes out there that haven't been updated? Maybe the firmware can be 'cloned' and put on the boxes that are causing the issues?

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

This was sent from Rogers on Facebook yesterday, after I asked them to look into the case number that I was assigned: " The update will have been pushed to approximately 20% of the boxes by end of day today and the tentative plan is to have it pushed to 100% of the boxes by the end of this week as long as no issues occur with the boxes that have been updated to the new firmware version. "

So, hopefully, with no glitches, I will be able to watch TV again on the RCA.  If anyone else was having these issues with RCA TV's let me know if your problem gets resolved. I would love to mark this post as "Accept as solution" !

Topic Stats