Ignite TV Yellow/Green Screen issue on RCA TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV Yellow/Green Screen issue on RCA TV

I have tried 1080i and 1080p settings. I do not know if only 1 of my HDMI ports are 4K, but I have hooked the Ignite box to all 3, and have tried different cables. Someone else advised to pull power on TV, and restart, which didn't change anything. Rogers says this is a known issue, but they don't have a fix. I'd like to know when it became a known issue. My TV had been fine since the install on 12/31/19.

I Plan to Stick Around

I tried this, nothing has changed.

I Plan to Stick Around

Also, I should have mentioned that I have 2 game systems hooked up to this TV, and the resolution & colors are fine. One connects to HDMI, the other is AV. So if HDMI was the culprit, or my TV was the reason for this, I would think that it would show up here as well. The version of the Xi6-T box is 107.0.0 and the release date is 01/06/20. There is also an STB timestamp of Tuesday Jan 28 2020, 3:17 AM UTC. I am beginning to get a little frustrated with Rogers. They acknowledge that there is an issue, but don't have a solution.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just contacted Rogers on the social media Facebook page- here's what they said: "The issue is with the firmware inside the boxes. I can assure you that our technicians are working diligently to find a solution. They are currently testing rollbacks and new firmware." They are also working with Comcast.

I will keep you updated, and hope to find a solution soon!

I've Been Around

try factory reset your TV

I Plan to Stick Around

yes, I tried that when it first started acting up. It did not improve the picture. & Rogers confirm that it is a firmware issue with their Ignite box & are working with Comcast to get it fixed. I don't know why only my RCA TV is affected, but my Sharp & LG work fine. & the RCA worked fine up until approx Feb 7th or 8th. I had Ignite installed on 12/31/2019

Hey @scouternorm!

We appreciate all of the helpful information and updates that you've been providing! Glad to hear you were able to get in touch with our Facebook Messaging team to get more intel on the issue. Assuming they have already submitted a ticket for you, we look forward to another update on the outcome!

We really hope this issue will be resolved for you sooner rather than later as I'm sure you are not the only one affected by it.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

I Plan to Stick Around

Hello Laura, thanks for your kind words and yes there are many of us affected. 

Rogers is killing us with kindness...how about fixing the issue and restoring service instead ... I for one would much rather have that:)

I Plan to Stick Around

I got a text this morning from Rogers, with a case number, saying there has been a delay in fixing the problem, but that the tech teams are working on it. Probably a delay because it's the weekend? It is becoming a pain, for sure. I have a 58" 4K TV that I can't use to watch TV. I will be asking for a partial refund on my Feb TV bill

I'm Here A Lot

Me too!