Ignite TV (Xi6-T) and Harmony Hub / Remote starting channel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thecyclegeek
I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite TV (Xi6-T) and Harmony Hub / Remote starting channel

I switched to Ignite TV but the channel switching and starting channel functionality that I had before with my Nextbox no longer functions through Harmony Hub / Remote. When entering channels on the old box, the DVR would switch to the entered channel # after a few seconds. Now, with Ignite TV Xi6-T, it simply puts the channel # in a search box and doesn't navigate to that channel. Entering the channel #s one by one results in the same.

Can I change this behavior with the Xi6-T so that it automatically goes to the channel after a few seconds?

Or does somebody know how to get the Harmony Hub to send an "OK" button press? It's not available in the list of button options.

**Labels Added**

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV (Xi6-T) and Harmony Hub / Remote starting channel

@thecyclegeek wrote:

When entering channels on the old box, the DVR would switch to the entered channel # after a few seconds. Now, with Ignite TV Xi6-T, it simply puts the channel # in a search box and doesn't navigate to that channel. Entering the channel #s one by one results in the same.

Can I change this behavior with the Xi6-T so that it automatically goes to the channel after a few seconds?

Sorry, I don't know of any way to do this.  I also tried searching Comcast's support pages; they called this feature Auto-Tune on their older set-top boxes, but their support page does not provide any hints on how to enable equivalent functionality on their X1 set-top boxes.

Nick_W
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV (Xi6-T) and Harmony Hub / Remote starting channel

It’s quite possible to set up an OK button. My harmony works with my Ignite tv box perfectly. I have my favourites set up to send the channel number and Ok automatically.

There are lots of threads on this form about setting a harmony hub up with ignite TV boxes, I’m sure you can find a solution.