cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV (Xi6-T) and Harmony Hub / Remote starting channel

thecyclegeek
I've Been Here Awhile

I switched to Ignite TV but the channel switching and starting channel functionality that I had before with my Nextbox no longer functions through Harmony Hub / Remote. When entering channels on the old box, the DVR would switch to the entered channel # after a few seconds. Now, with Ignite TV Xi6-T, it simply puts the channel # in a search box and doesn't navigate to that channel. Entering the channel #s one by one results in the same.

Can I change this behavior with the Xi6-T so that it automatically goes to the channel after a few seconds?

Or does somebody know how to get the Harmony Hub to send an "OK" button press? It's not available in the list of button options.

**Labels Added**

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Ignite TV (Xi6-T) and Harmony Hub / Remote starting channel

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@thecyclegeek wrote:

When entering channels on the old box, the DVR would switch to the entered channel # after a few seconds. Now, with Ignite TV Xi6-T, it simply puts the channel # in a search box and doesn't navigate to that channel. Entering the channel #s one by one results in the same.

Can I change this behavior with the Xi6-T so that it automatically goes to the channel after a few seconds?

Sorry, I don't know of any way to do this.  I also tried searching Comcast's support pages; they called this feature Auto-Tune on their older set-top boxes, but their support page does not provide any hints on how to enable equivalent functionality on their X1 set-top boxes.

Re: Ignite TV (Xi6-T) and Harmony Hub / Remote starting channel

Nick_W
I Plan to Stick Around

It’s quite possible to set up an OK button. My harmony works with my Ignite tv box perfectly. I have my favourites set up to send the channel number and Ok automatically.

There are lots of threads on this form about setting a harmony hub up with ignite TV boxes, I’m sure you can find a solution.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation