Ignite TV - WiFi Disconnects Randomly

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Ignite TV - WiFi Disconnects Randomly

Update: problem solved. I got a new hub this morning and it is working great.

Old modem had nothing exceptional in any of the logs. The only consistent sign of problems was that the wireless up time (which you can find on your hub portal 10.0.0.1 gateway->hardware->wireless would never be more than few hours old.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

This is beyond frustrating. I just switched from Rogers to Rogers Ignite about three weeks ago, and since the very first day, the WIFI signal has been dropping about every two to four hours, and disappearing for five minutes. After countless calls and live chats with Rogers Support, and even after receiving three wifi pods, the issue still exists. 

I have rebooted the modem countless times, relocated the modem, reset all devices, and yet, nothing. 

Even when my phone is two feet away from the modem, the wifi signal disappears. 

I asked Rogers if I could return to my previous Internet system and, apparently, that is not an option. 

They sent me a new Ignite modem.... no improvement. 

At this rate I am going to switch to Bell Fibe if nothing else can be done. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and, more importantly, have you been able to resolve it? 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Wifi drops are common in Ignite gateway. This can cause problems if your set-top boxes are connected through the wireless connection. Your have couple of options here:

1. Use wired connection. Connect Ignite set-top box(es) to your router/switch/gateway with Ethernet cable. Ignite set-top box defaults to wired connection if it can detect one.

2. If you absolutely need to use wireless connection, you can change a channel of your wifi radio. Use the wifi-scanner to make sure the wireless channel you intend to use is not congested.  

I have switched to Ignite TV a month ago. While on wireless connection also experienced regular signal drops. Once I connected both TV boxes to my router via Ethernet cable - everything is perfect.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I appreciate your suggestions, but the TV is not the issue. It’s the phones and iPads which, as you know, cannot use a wired connection.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

We've had the same issue from the sounds of it. Our modem/Gateway drops everything every 30 seconds or so. TV goes dark, internet connections lost and about 15 seconds later the modem goes flashing orange. We've had 4 techs to our house.