Ignite TV - WiFi Disconnects Randomly

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Ignite TV - WiFi Disconnects Randomly

This happens to me regularly. I'll go days with no interruptions, then suddenly the WiFi goes off repeatedly, usually for a few minutes (sometimes up to 4 or 5 minutes). This can happen numerous times before it stops and normal WiFi service resumes. It's not my equipment (I've tried all the tricks). Problem is, when Rogers WiFi goes out, everything goes out: TV, home phone, internet, etc. One thing I'll say about Bell: I had their WiFi/cable/home phone bundle for two years. Number of times my WiFi went out in that period: Zero. With Rogers, I've lost count. Sigh.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@aehunt wrote:

Problem is, when Rogers WiFi goes out, everything goes out: TV, home phone, internet, etc. One thing I'll say about Bell: I had their WiFi/cable/home phone bundle for two years. Number of times my WiFi went out in that period: Zero. With Rogers, I've lost count. Sigh.

If you are losing Home Phone, then the problem is not with your Wi-Fi but with either your XB6 Gateway or some issue affecting your Rogers Internet service.

When installed correctly, I don't think that Rogers' Wi-Fi solutions are any better or worse than what you get from Bell, or even your own equipment.  The problem is that people now depend on Wi-Fi for more and more things, and the situation gets worse when they deploy solutions to expand and improve Wi-Fi coverage in their homes but lack the technical knowledge of how to implement those solutions in such a way that they minimize the impact on the surrounding environment.  My Wi-Fi is normally rock-solid stable... until one of my neighbours makes a change to their Wi-Fi setup that, in turn, (sometimes severely) impacts the stability of my Wi-Fi.

I've Been Here Awhile

My ignite internet and tv keeps going off. And my wifi extender starts flashing. How do I resolve this issue

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Your own extender? or rogers supplied one?

Sounds like the extender is loosing communication with the others/base