Ignite TV - WNYO Buffalo & KCPQ Seattle having quality issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite TV - WNYO Buffalo & KCPQ Seattle having quality issues

Hello,

Last Monday I jumped onto Ignite TV from the Cable TV and added the American Superstations package and I noticed off the bat (and earlier before that in a Rogers display shop) that WNYO (MyNetworkTV Buffalo)'s signal was coming in blurry (still an upgrade from the station being SD only on cable). I also noticed that KCPQ (FOX Seattle)'s picture is coming in all glitchy.

I'm in the Barrie, Ontario area and WNYO is on Channel 182, KCPQ is on 194.

It doesn't seem to be on my internet connection's end because even when I hooked up an ethernet cable from my internet box to IPTV box and am paying for 1 GB internet, WNYO is still blurry and KCPQ is still glitchy. All the other channels have no picture problems (and none of the other US networks besides WNYO & KCPQ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0ywwAPwsFQ

Here's some video I shot of KCPQ being glitchy.

***Added Labels***

Re: Ignite TV - WNYO Buffalo & KCPQ Seattle having quality issues

Hey @BMan78!

That certainly looks distracting for sure O.O!! 

It's possible there may be something with those particular channels specifically but that's certainly identifiable. I appreciate you trying with a wired connection to the modem as that does rule out poor WiFi connectivity, as well as the video provided as that rules out it only being temporary on a channel change. Two thumbs way way up!

Have you spoken yet with tech support? If so have they come to a conclusion? If not, can you confirm the following for me?

1) If you're experiencing the same issue on more than one box.

2) If you've already tried rebooting the box and modem.
3) If you've confirmed you're on the best resolution for your TV? (Rogers Menu - Device Settings - Video Display - Select "Best Available" option - Test Result)

If all the above has been done, then the issue is likely either signal related and a technician on site is necessary, or requires our network teams involvement and a ticket would need to be sent. Definitely let us know where you are troubleshooting wise and we'll go from there!

RogersAndy

I Plan to Stick Around

I've had Ignite for about 8 months and they list WNYO as an HD channel when in fact it is only SD. I'm not sure why they do this.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Andy,

I have spoken with a tech support person at least once on the issue of WNYO being blurry. Tech person said they would bring this to tech's attention.

As for the following:
1. I only have one Ignite TV box.
2. I've tried rebooting the box and modem at least once before I made this complaint, but for a different issue. WNYO blurry issue still persists.
3. My best available resolution is 4K 60 and I have it set to that.

As of writing this, KCPQ is no longer glitchy on my end. WNYO is still blurry and I think I agree with andrew9446 that it might be (idk really) that Ignite is carrying WNYO only in SD widescreen for some reason.

I'm glad to hear that KCPQ is working! WNYO Buffalo (182) is available in HD as listed on our site "here" so I'd definitely recommend checking in with either technical support or us for further assistance. If all relative troubleshooting has been done then it's possible a ticket may need to be escalated for you to our network team.

To contact Rogers via chat or phone information is available here: https://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus

If you're not familiar with @CommunityHelps PMing process, you can find instructions here.

RogersAndy