Ignite TV - Video/Audio Out of Sync

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Ignite TV - Video/Audio Out of Sync

I also just set up my new 65” Samsung smart tv to my Ignite box. I was watching The Punisher on Netflix and noticed the audio and video were a split second out of sync. I unplugged my ignite box from the outlet to give it a hard restart, then fired it back up. Audio and video are now in sync. Easy fix for me, you should try this first before fiddling with the tv settings. The classic IT fix wins again, “have you tried turning it off and on?” lol

Re: Ignite TV - Video/Audio Out of Sync

Hello, @K-Banger.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Congratulations on your new Smart TV and Ignite TV! I can imagine the enriching experience with the combination. 

I appreciate your participation and sharing the classic IT fix with the Community. Did you notice the video/audio out of sync only on Netflix? 

Keep sharing the best practices!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello!
I need help!

I got the new ignite TV a couple days ago and the video and audio is out of sync almost all the time. 

My TV is less than a year old. The syncing issue is in BOTH cable and Netflix. I noticed when I turned the TV off and on, then it was fine for about 5-10 minutes then it will get out of sync which is super annoying.

I tried unplugging both my modem and ignite devices for 10 minutes. Plugged the modem in, let it boot up, then plugged in my ignite device, let it boot up and turned the tv on. Works good for about 10 minutes then boom.. out of sync again.

Help?

Hey @jaimeeka!

Audio and video sync issues can certainly ruin your intended Ignite TV experience! Sync issues drive me nuts but given that it persists still after a reboot further troubleshooting would be necessary to identify the source of the issue.

I'd recommend reaching out to support for full troubleshooting but sync issues may come from signal issues to the home, noise in network, or even a poor wireless signal to the set top box.

Is this occurring on just the one Ignite TV box? Is it occurring on all channels?

@RogersAndy

I've Been Here Awhile

It's happening to all channels and anything we watch on Netflix. I guess I am calling support!

Thank you,

Jaimee

I'm a Senior Advisor

@jaimeekaYou don't say what TV you have. My Samsung smart TV has an audio delay setting. Video uses a lot more bandwidth than audio and will lag. There is usually an audio delay by default, but it can be changed.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

...but he said it's fine for a period of time...

Is there a sync issue with any other devices feeding the TV?

Here's a post I created on sync issues quite a while ago, but it may provide a "checklist"

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/29-whats-television/17429-audio-synch-problems-lost-nov-10th.html

Since it's on all channels and since it's OK for a while, I also suspect something wrong with the Ignite signal - give Rogers concierge a call...

I've Been Around

I love my new Ignite system! the box in the living room is perfect but the bedroom box keeps going out of sync. I keep rebooting and it does it again? ...Should I change out the bedroom box?

Can anyone help with this 

Thanks 

Rich 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rwaserman : Try swapping the LR & BR boxes to see if the problem follows the box. If it does, perhaps you do have a bad box, although that's pretty rare.  If it stays with the location rather than the box, perhaps you have a signal issue.  Is the BR box "hot", is it well-ventillated?

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M42...