After switching from Digital cable to Ignite I've found that my voip client no longer works (this is my work phone).
I'm assuming I need to adjust the port forwarding to fix this; does anyone have any odea which ports should be forwarded? (I tried the default port 5060, but that did not solve the issue.
Any suggestions would be welcome.)
*** Added Labels ***
Zoiper version 5. Any call generates a "403 Forbidden" message.
If I try Bria Solo, I get one-way audio. The call will connect, but I can't hear ringing or any audio from the other end.
Zoiper was the recommended client when I started using VOIP. I seem to remember that it stopped working. This may have been around the time that I switched to Ignite. Made the switch Real Softphone on my laptop and smartphone, and it works well. Give it a try.
If its a PC app then run a wireshark capture and extract the pcap to see where the soft phone is trying to go and what ports is it trying to use to get out.. That may give you a lead on where to go next.
I got a new Ignite XB6 modem. After instalation wireless, TV and computers work. VOIP phone doesn't.
I used the VOIP with Rogers Hitron CGN3 modem for years with no problems.
Please advise if there's a solution.
@marius_gorban I think there is something about the XB6's firewall that is causing problems with NAT traversal. In my case, the ATA was able to authenticate with the service provider and the SIP registration completed. However, after a period of time, it lost registration.
This support article on voip.ms may help: https://wiki.voip.ms/article/Registration_issue
You may also see some errors logged in your XB6 gateway; go to Troubleshooting > Logs and view your Firewall Logs.
I never went into any depth troubleshooting the problem. I ended up putting my XB6 into bridge mode and used my own router, which had a firewall that was less problematic and that I had full control over.
I have been using VoIP for years, first with Bell, then with a Rogers CGN3, and finally with the Ignite Hub. It was fine with the first two and for over a year with the Hub. Earlier this year it started acting up and tech support suggested latency issues. Was ok after about a week then about a month ago it started acting up again. It would be fine for a maybe day, then no service until a reboot. The last few days have been ok, except that the first thing each morning it would take 10-15 seconds to make a call then its ok.As mentioned it seems to be a QOS issue with the Hub and there are no user controls available.
Had enough of this and the port of my number to Rogers Home Phone happens tomorrow.