Ignite TV - TV Call Display

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV - TV Call Display

@newigniteguy wrote:

1. In the unlikely event of a power failure everything goes down. TV, internet and phone. I can understand and accept that. Though Bell does have a battery back-up option.

2. So, someone calling, using the intercom in the lobby of the building won't be able to get through to the person they're calling if the internet is down.. Am I right?

After reading some of the threads in this community forum about poor audio, poor picture quality, poor internet speeds and other problems I'm getting nervous. lol

1. Most people who care about this sort of backup usually have their modem plugged into a UPS (like I do), however, both Bell and Rogers have neglected the large battery backups that are located at the node locations, so if there is a power failure that affects your area, you will not be able to make or receive calls on home phone with Bell (Fibe and perhaps even POTS) or Rogers. Since most people now have cell phones, this is not as much of an issue as it once was, but be aware that this is now an issue with all service providers including Bell.  In most cases, phone, internet and TV will be down now with a power failure in your area.

2. It all depends on how the lobby phone is connected - in some instances there can be a dedicated (lobby) phone in the apartment.  Most people probably now give out their cell phone numbers.  You are correct that if the power (or Rogers Ignite) goes down and if someone doesn't have a cell phone, then that person could be out of luck.  If the power in the apartment is down, then even the lobby phone may not operate - hence the need for a cell phone. You may not even be able to remotely open the lobby door, but rather need to go downstairs  (not elevator) to manually open it.

3. The "poor" issues you mentioned are not typical of the tens of thousands of installations done by Rogers. Most installations work just fine, but most issues you read here are from people who have problems.  If you're nervous, cancel the change and stick with digital cable until you're comfortable changing.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have both Rogers TV and Home Phone. Before I switch to Ignite TV, I can see the incoming call phone number when I am watching TV. After the switch, this function is lost. Anybody has the same experience?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Everyone is in the same boat, as Rogers has not enabled the TV Call Display functionality on Ignite

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

maybe its not enabled because they do not offer it, just because it was OFFERED on rogers digital cable does not mean people should ASSUME its offered on ignite cable tv. people also need to inquire and ask every detailed question when they sign up for something, ask is this included is that included, what kind of connection the box has? etc? people seem to just assume a lot lately and get mad when they are shocked to find out its not included maybe its never going to be included, we dont know, im not trying to side with roger's here im just stating the facts do your due dilligence first before you sign up for any service.

tv call display was never included with digital cable at first, and they added it without customers demanding it, it was probably a enhancement they had available and the right people up in rogers were okay with signing off on this feature,  sometimes it all comes down to the big shots at rogers if they want to sign off on a feature, if they are firm in disagreement with adding this, no amount of customer complaining will bring it back, well maybe they could but they would certainly increase the price some how or another to pay for it

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

We had our Rogers Ignite hooked up today and did not realize this service would drop when we changed over. As a senior this was an important part of the past service we had. Hope Rogers gets this up and running as you have sure dropped the ball on this important feature. Stan

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hi Stanb1, yes unfortunately tv call display was never offered with ignite tv, and its unfortunate that you lose this when going from digital cable tv to iptv ignite TV. Lets hope they have some good news in 2020 and start offering it.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I find it interesting (and bit sad) that some think when an ISP does an upgrade that it is OK that the users lose functionality. I find it very sad that some think it is the user's fault we didn't investigate every little item before hand. 

After all, isn't an upgrade just that and NOT drop in functionality?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi edwardparker, I know your not directing that last remark "some think that when an ISP does an upgrade that it is OKAY that the users lose functionality" to me. And I want to be absolutely clear with yourself and others that I totally understand its NOT okay to lose a function you had but I also see BOTH sides of the equation which a lot of customers can not understand.

I am a consumer like you but im also a Technical professional who works in the TV and Telecom industry. and I know how things work and WHY they work that way.

Ignite TV is a new offering that replaces the aging Rogers Digital Cable TV system. Rogers did NOT create Ignite TV, they did however LICENCE it from another Cable TV company in the USA. This means maybe there were financial, technical or legal or licencing challenges to incorporate ALL the features so maybe they did their best to get the important ones here FIRST.

Like all other products Rogers offers, they have always made improvements over time. just because TV call display is not available now, does not mean it will be this way for forever. I'm sure they are working hard at bringing you new features so please be patient, and yes just tell them you express interest in it and perhaps with enough customer interest they may bring it sooner and overcome those financial, legal, technical and licencing issues

Highlighted
I've Been Around

how can i get the call display on my ignite tv?

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

You can not, just like I can not get surround sound on my recordings!!!