Ignite TV - TV Call Display

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Ignite TV - TV Call Display

We also switched over to Ignite yesterday and also noticed that this feature was missing.  When the salesrep at Rogers convinced me to subscribe for Ignite, he told me that it was great, like upgrading to a Lamborgini from a Cadillac.   Not once did he mention that we would be losing features that we have grown to rely on.  The only feature he mentioned is that the "box" would not have the time or channel number on it.  As for the time, he told me to use my watch or smartphone.  He did not mention that we would lose the TV Call Display which I use constantly to ignore all of the spam/phishing phone calls.  Then the technician comes and chuckles as he tells my wife and daughter that there is no TV Call Display.  The technician even told them that the signal is not strong enough to watch TV outside as the Rogers sales rep was so adamant could be done.  This is so disappointing, like being sold a Firefly when we had a Cadillac.  Time to start looking at other providers who might be more trustworthy with their promises.

Frustrated_Dad
I Plan to Stick Around

@frustrated_dad wrote:

We also switched over to Ignite yesterday and also noticed that this feature was missing.  When the salesrep at Rogers convinced me to subscribe for Ignite, he told me that it was great, like upgrading to a Lamborgini from a Cadillac.   Not once did he mention that we would be losing features that we have grown to rely on.  The only feature he mentioned is that the "box" would not have the time or channel number on it.  As for the time, he told me to use my watch or smartphone.  He did not mention that we would lose the TV Call Display which I use constantly to ignore all of the spam/phishing phone calls.  Then the technician comes and chuckles as he tells my wife and daughter that there is no TV Call Display.  The technician even told them that the signal is not strong enough to watch TV outside as the Rogers sales rep was so adamant could be done.  This is so disappointing, like being sold a Firefly when we had a Cadillac.  Time to start looking at other providers who might be more trustworthy with their promises.

Take your concern to Office of the president.

Let them know.

Trust me the more people complain, the better..

Hopefully Rogers get all this issues and missing goodies done right

I Plan to Stick Around

@seadooxp30 wrote:

@frustrated_dad wrote:

Take your concern to Office of the president.

Let them know.

Trust me the more people complain, the better..

Hopefully Rogers get all this issues and missing goodies done right

and its part of comcast system Its just Rogers choose to disable it (Don't want support call)

Its sad that Rogers introduce such a great technology and takes all these goodies out of it!!

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/settings-for-the-universal-caller-id-to-tv-app

I'm Here A Lot

For the 500 or so people that still have home phones in Canada . Why should Rogers care. A Home phone is pretty much going the way of the phone booth or VCR.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jmart0809  : I see what you're getting at, but home phone is part of the IgniteTV package and although many people have cell phones, many millions in Canada still do have a home phone for a variety of reasons.

I Plan to Stick Around

I fully agree with 57
Plus my argument is that Comcast provide this option with their system
Why Rogers choose to disable it !
I'm Here A Lot

Totally agree  Along with tv call display they discontinued visual call waiting,lobby watch for apts,battery backup for phone. i was told by one tech that home phone is "free" with ignite so i have nothing to complain about. Another tech on live chat told me i do have visual call waiting and it should be working so she opened a ticket on it. who are we supposed to believe when no 2 people give the same answer

I've Been Around

Been a customer of Rogers for over 25 years, not surprised, I asked many times before switching to Ignite and the response was allays "Guaranteed no features will be lost!".

I Plan to Stick Around

When I called to finally give Ignite a try, I was told TV call display and battery backup would not be offered or an option with this new service. The Rogers rep was adamant that if we had a power failure, we would not have a home phone that would be operational during the outage. The customer service rep that I had was very informative, but I guess Rogers needs to inform all their customer reps of these details because after reading the comments it would appear the info is not always passed on to the customer. Having said this, I do not understand why TV call display is not offered when it is available from Comcast. It would be a great advantage to Rogers as a selling feature and a one up on their competitors.