Ignite TV - TV Call Display

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV - TV Call Display

Which other features are you talking about?

Only other major thing I can think of off the top of my head, is no Guest Network for the wireless..

Generally Ignite has the same if not MORE features than the previous boxes.  
If there is a particular one, Someone might be able to direct you to how/where its done now.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@crockbucket69 wrote:

...when you are switched to Ignite.

No one is switched to Ignite. It's a customer's final decision.  With any offering from any service provider, there are always going to be features that are different from what you're using currently.  There are many threads here discussing IgniteTV, however, here's a thread discussing the major differences between IgniteTV and Digital Cable.  There are also many differences between Fibe, BellTV, Shaw Direct, etc.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/How-do-you-like-Ignite-TV-compared-to-Digital-Cable/...

Certainly IgniteTV can be improved and is being improved all the time with rollouts of new technology/firmware.  The customer needs to take some responsibility for their decisions.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @57

While I agree with you, Rogers reps tend to not also tell you what options are missing going to Ignite TV. They didn't tell anyone that the radio channels from Stingray would be removed. I had to find it on my own when I got Ignite TV. I knew about Call display from here. However many don't and are NOT on the forums / check online and usually just call Rogers and deal with then directly without looking. It's a known thing with all carrier reps or carriers.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It's pretty rare that someone tells anyone what a product "doesn't do".  😉  If there's a feature that is important, then it's incumbent on one to research that feature to see if it's available.  One can never assume anything these days.   I agree that there can be some surprises when switching to IgniteTV, however, there are not many showstoppers.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Perfect, so it's the customer fault, not surprising at all.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

It's pretty rare that someone tells anyone what a product "doesn't do".  😉  If there's a feature that is important, then it's incumbent on one to research that feature to see if it's available.  One can never assume anything these days.   I agree that there can be some surprises when switching to IgniteTV, however, there are not many showstoppers.

Agreed.

Its like when you buy a NEW car and discover the NEW car does not have heated seats but your old one did and getting upset about it.  Sales people generally do NOT tell you what you DONT get, this is a question the customer must ask the sales person and say "Hey, my old car has heated seats, does this new car I'm buying come with them?"  Its also the same as asking, "Hey, my Rogers Digital home phone has TV Call display, If I Sign up for this Ignite Home Phone, will I get TV Call Display?"  Then they will look up their reference document, and find out and tell you "No, unfortunately it does NOT have it at this time"     this is how it works not just with Rogers but with Any Product people buy.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Pauly

I kinda agree but! When you're getting a car? Most car sells man asks you what you're looking for in a car / have in you're car that you want and also gives you a list of everything the car has. Yes ultimately it's up to the customer to ask BUT sells man ask. I worked in retail and in dealerships ( co-op and training) to know this. However carriers can be different.

In the end? I agree it's up to each customer to know but also the company and reps are supposed to make it clear what's the difference between both and what you do not get.

For instance. We switched over to Ignite TV. We asked the Rep if we get everything we got with digital cable ( Premier). The Rep said "YES". So i asked the woman again and again she " Yes you will have everything you have with you're premier tv on ignite. You won't lose anything ".

I had to explain that she was wrong and that Ignite TV does NOT have Call Display and does not offer some channels that the package we had did. She had no clue beceshe didn't do training. So even if you ask? Some may not even check for you and tell you that it does indeed have it when it doesn't. Just showcasing that this can and indeed has happened before.

Ultimately it's both parties that should ask. Not throw it to the customer to ask or know.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its not the customers fault, IMHO..

I think many people on the sales/systems side, and not necessarily TRAINED in the differences, what is missing, etc.
Which should not be difficult, as its not a huge list.
Thats completely on rogers side.

But as others have said as well, a user need to ask the questions too.
IF they ask if nothing is missing.. and told yes... well thats one thing.
But if they ASSUME its identical?  thats another.

I am a customer as much as anyone else..  I am NOT a rogers employee.
but from experience.. i dont leave ANYTHING to chance.. i make sure to ask every possible question before I switch.
I just switched a phone plan last weekend on my wifes... and asked probably about 15 questions/confirmations, before having them flip the switch on it.

Unfortunately, it has been seen here quite often, that there are many users who do not pay enough attention to their service, the details, and then in the end the consequences.
Heck.. look back at the Analog TV cut off.   It was posted in the bill for almost 2 years prior to the shut down.
How many people came on here freaking out it was gone..  and in that 2 years never once looked at the WHOLE bill to see the notifications?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

I just went through the initial confirmation emails that I received when I signed up for Ignite TV.  One of them, "Subject: Rogers Ignite TV Bundle Info", contained the following:

Ignite TV Bundle Info

- NO TV CALL DISPLAY

- NO LOBBY CAMERAS WITH THE IGNITE

The BOLD, ALL CAPS was their formatting.  They also pointed out (quoted phrases copied verbatim) that, "the tvs are required to be HDMI accessible", "the cable boxes are very small and do not have a time display", and "Ignite TV Bundle does not have any battery back up, if power is out, so is all your services, or if the internet is".  They also said, "you will have access to Netflix (if you have an account with Netflix, not provided by Rogers)", along with a few other details and limitations.

That was back in spring, 2019, so the sign-up experience may have changed since then... but kudos to Rogers for pointing all of that out at the time.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

that is great for pointing this out -G-, but one problem is who actually reads the confirmation emails? i bet no one reads them, except people like you and me really, lol