Ignite TV - TV Call Display

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Ignite TV - TV Call Display

Who benefit the most, telemarketers. The call answered numbers must have gone through the roof. Does anyone know is Rogers has a telemarketing arm or partner, this would explain it.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It really shouldn't make that much of a difference, in those terms.

That its not on the TV, yes is an inconvenience, but shouldnt change about how you see the caller ID.
The info is still sent.  And 90% of the phones will have caller ID on the phone itself.  It will still be visible there, and can still choose to not answer when looking at the phone. 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Is the on-screen caller ID feature available with Ignite TV? We haven't been able to find a setting for it and it doesn't appear on the screen since we switched to Ignite.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Apparently its not available with Ignite TV.  At least, not yet, and there hasn't been any indication from what I've seen that Rogers has requested Comcast to include that function in a future firmware update for the modem and set top box.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

When do you think you will have it available as we had it for years, you would expect to have it with ignite.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

This was a huge feature when cooking in the kitchen. You can easily glance at the TV and see if its urgent to answer.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There was also a time when Digital cable did NOT have TV call display, it took them literally YEARS to get this feature, so just keep asking them when,the more demand they get for this feature, the better possibility they will request it with the vendor

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I noticed that call display does not come up on the TV any longer when calls coming into my Rogers home phone?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Correct.

At least at this time, its not something that is active on the the system.
(and something that a lot of people at rogers are forgetting to tell people when they are switching over)

Rogers really needs to put the pressure to get this back on/enabled.
It appears it is available on the X1 system from comcast in the US now, which this system is taken from... so no reason it can not be enabled?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yea Rogers get with it. 

Seems to be a lot of things they don't tell you are unavailable or don't work when you are switched to Ignite.