Ignite TV - Streaming error 00206

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite TV - Streaming error 00206

This is the second day that the Ignite TV web portal is not working.  Neither live TV or recorded programming will  stream.  Giving an error code of 00206.  Not seeing this problem on our TV sets.  Anyone else seeing this problem before I use the Concierge service.

Web 

*Added Labels*

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV - Streaming error 00206

Try going to the MyRogers website, click on the "Usage and Services" tab, then on TV from the drop down menu. and scroll down to the section that states "Watch how you want"and click on watch now. It will then log you in through MyRogers and take you to the IgniteTV web portal.

Alternately, if using Chrome, go to settings/Advanced/Privacy and Security then click on the arrow to the right of "Clear Browsing Data" then check the box next to "CCookies and Other Site Data", click on "Clear Data" then exit the settings page and access the IgnitetTV web portal and you should be able to access it.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yup that's how you access Ignite TV on the web portal but the problem is the content won't stream.  Support worked for an hour this aft. and can't get it to work so have opened a ticket.  Hard to say when it will get fixed I guess.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thought I should update the situation I described in my original post.  Yesterday and today spent quite a bit of time with support on this issue.  Everything seemed fine to support on the Rogers end.  I use FF browser so of course they had me try another(Chrome) with the same issue.  In the process I lost my chat contact so I decided to do some trouble shooting on my own. What I discovered was that a Microsoft Critical update issued on Oct 9th was the culprit.  I was going to do a system restore to prior to update but simply uninstalled FF and reinstalled and problem solved.  Hope this might help someone else.  Have attempted to let support know what the problem seemed to be but the wait times are so long I have given up several times.  If there is some way for this to be passed on to support I was dealing with Shawn in Moncton.

Web