Ignite TV - Sounds intermittently cuts out for 1 second

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Ignite TV - Sounds intermittently cuts out for 1 second

Re @57 comment - "Please read my suggestions more carefully". Wow! And a happy new year to you too! 

So I have not experienced any problems for a number of days now. I've certainly not done anything with using optical cables or changing HDMI cables so I don't think those were relevant to my specific issue. I'm not sure about the order of powering things on, although the last time everything was powered off and back on, I did make sure that the AVR was powered on before the STB. And I have made sure that the output from the STB is configured as 4K vs. best available.

Thanks to those that have contributed to this thread. While it's not clear exactly what change made the difference, I will mark this as fixed.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same original issue with sound cutting out briefly periodically (about every minute to 90 seconds), but have always had the box connected directly to my TV. Any suggestions?

Hey @Joe73!

If we remove addition AV equipment from the scenario and audio intermittency is still occurring this would likely be related to either a poor wireless connection to the stb or out of range send/receive signal to the modem. Do you have more than one stb connected in the home? If so is this occurring on all or just one? 

Have you spoken yet to support regarding the issue? We would have the ability to check RSSI values for connected devices to determine if the signal received by your Ignite box is sufficient for issue free streaming. In addition we can validate if the RF signal is within spec and action either as necessary. 

If only one box in the home (when there is more than one) is impacted by either audio or video issues then wireless connectivity would be the first item to check. If you only have one box or all stb's are impacted then checking to see if your RF signal is in spec would be our first step.

You can reach out to support if you have not already or check in with us @CommunityHelps at your convenience. For more information on our private messaging system you can check out our Blog.

@RogersAndy

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the reply. I have several boxes, but haven't really watched them enough to take notice yet. I will do so, and I will also check into your other suggestions. If there's no resolution to my problem, I will call support. Thanks again!