Ignite TV - Several Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Ignite TV - Several Issues

I also have been experiencing the issues which most people are reporting.

issues with the PVR going from HD to SD.

The issue with it pausing while fast forwarding

I also have a few suggestions is why when I delete show from the PVR do I have to go in and re-delete.

This is more work than needed.  If I delete something I mean to delete it.

I Plan to Stick Around

Same issue, last night before 9pm DVR was working fine after 9pm, the FF stsrted acting up as usual, and now the pictures blurry, then they would kick back in. Overall the system works but the DVR is terrible.Someone needs to look into this issue as it seems to be everywhere!!

I Plan to Stick Around

It is on Rogers list but the million dollar question is “ Can they fix it”???
I told them about this 2 months ago
They acknowledged that is the issue ...
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I had a tech in yesterday.

He confirmed that it is 100% a known issue is being looked into.  But Nothing about if its close or not to being fixed, etc.   But that any signal, etc wont effect/change it.  Its back end.

That being said, I will go over why I had the tech out.
I guess about Wed last week I got a call from Rogers support.  Other than the above playback stuff, didnt have any other issues/tickets in.

They said it was as part of a new program.  Part of a 'Proactive Health check' type of program.  That if your modem rates lower than a particular score % overall, they will call you to arrange a tech to come out.  You might not be having an issue right now, but it may be close enough to being bad, that any more change could start having issues.
Again, wasnt having any issues that I noticed.  But after the tech called, I did go in and look at my modem, and my signal on a bunch of the modem channels was up in the +9.8db level (so close to the +/- 10 'good' threshold).

Tech came out, explained to him, checked and confirmed.
So he dropped a spliter in, (with only one connection out of it) with a 7db drop.  Now max is about 3.5.

I'm a Senior Contributor

So have another problem start. 

Friday went to watch Jays game on 997, SNO 4k, and it asked me if I wanted to switch resolution to 4K. I selected yes and went to 997.

Next day, Saturday, went to watch Jays game and again it asked me if I want to switch to 4k.

I have always had the resolution set to 2160p30 but now it seems overnight it is resetting the resolution to 1080p.

Still have not gotten my voice mail indicator fixed yet.

I've Been Around

Just got Ignite & am feeling like I’ve made a mistake. Recorded the Raptors game and am trying to play it back. It’s ridiculously choppy, blurry picture quality and fastforward just freezes the whole thing. This is not what I signed up for. Come on Rogers. Do better.
I Plan to Stick Around

I used their Wi-Fi system for 2 days, then bridged the unit, one out into router, then a switch and to my own Wi-Fi system. This is the only way to do it. You have to run cat6 cables to each tv box.the 2 Wi-Fi signals that the boxes produce are not strong enough, and mesh is just amplifying noise. You have to do this yourself . 

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes mine is also cat6 wired, internet and phone is ok, but dvr recordings are terrible, FF stops working, it is their issue

I Plan to Stick Around

It’s been 6 weeks for me. I’ve been given some bill credits but this is still a joke. I’m writing to the ctts. I recommend you do the same.
I Plan to Stick Around

Do you have a TV service complaint that you have not been able to fix with your provider?

You can contact the Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services (CCTS). The CCTS is an independent organization dedicated to working with consumers and service providers to resolve complaints about TV, telephone and internet services. The CCTS website features additional resources on how you can submit a complaint.

Each year the CCTS reports publicly on all consumer complaints it receives. Read their annual and mid-year reports.

Contact the CCTS

• email: response@ccts-cprst.ca
  • mail: P.O. Box 56067 – Minto Place RO, Ottawa, Ontario  K1R 7Z1
  • fax: 1-877-782-2924
  • toll-free telephone: 1-888-221-1687
  • toll free TTY: 1-877-782-2384