Ignite TV - Several Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV - Several Issues

@trio-of-dogs wrote:

Ignite Telephone, requires a phone to be hard wire connected to the Router.  The Main Base for the wireless phone used in our house had to be moved to where the Router is behind the TV in another room.  The phone jacks throughout the house do not work now with Ignite telephone, and the location where we need to keep the base is not practical with our house layout. 

If there is a phone jack near the router, you should be able to plug the phone router/modem into that phone jack and "backfeed" all the other phone jacks in your home.  That jack, of course, needs to be connected to the main "distribution block" for all your phone jacks, so all should work as before.  If there is no phone jack nearby, then that won't work, but then you may be able to locate the router/modem elsewhere. Some solution should be possible with a proper installation.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Marigoldz1 wrote:

I'm experiencing the same problems that everyone else seems to be experiencing....picture freezing, sound cutting in and out (not limited to PVR only), and  problems watching shows from the PVR. The solution is usually to unplug the cable box.  I've been told that this is a new system and they're working the bugs out...ugh!!  Why roll out a system that is not fully tested and why am I paying more for a system that is soooo glitchy!!!

I too have experienced these problems recently. However, I am going to cut Rogers a little slack on this. Yes, this is a new system to Rogers but it is was acquired from Comcast who have been running it for some time. Customization was required for it to be adapted to the Rogers infrastructure and the service was in test mode for at least 6 months by Rogers employees.

My experience in the telecom industry is dated to the 80's/90's but I am sure the principles back then have not changed. You get a product to market as soon as possible and deal with initial problems. If you wait for the product to be perfect the competition will eat your lunch and your product may not survive.

In principle the Ignite TV service functions as designed, but it appears to experiencing capacity performance issues. Scaling up servers and networks to add more capacity does not happen overnight, and an improperly or rushed upgrade can do more harm than good. Is Rogers working as hard and as fast as possible on this? Only the insiders know and that information will never be public. So you either have to trust that it will be fixed soon, or if you cannot tolerate it then call in and negotiate a credit or look for another provider.

I Plan to Stick Around

@trio-of-dogs wrote:

*Update*

It's now 81 hours since opening the Tech Support ticket for the Ignite Image Quality issues, I have still not heard a response.  Here's what I've painfully learned from this initial experience converting to Ignite TV, Internet, and Telephone.

Ignite TV Image Quality, Image Lag, Sound cutout, and PVR Playback, are all issues associated with a LARGER ticket (stated by Tech Support) that is still being worked on.  A fix is coming, but no release date available yet...

Ignite TV works ok in the morning, and declines throughout the day.  The best reference test I have found is using CP24 channel.  The stock ticker banner at the bottom of screen with the white background and black letters.  The letters now have a ghosting or shadow appearance as they move. 

Ignite Internet, the new router uses a format with IP address 10.0.0.xx.  This was not explained during the install and took several hours with Rogers and HP tech support to learn it was a simple fix.

Ignite Telephone, requires a phone to be hard wire connected to the Router.  The Main Base for the wireless phone used in our house had to be moved to where the Router is behind the TV in another room.  The phone jacks throughout the house do not work now with Ignite telephone, and the location where we need to keep the base is not practical with our house layout. 

I hope that Rogers Tech Support will be able to resolve the TV issues quickly before this long-time loyal customer decides on an alternative.

What did you end up doing to 10.x.x.0? changing it to 192.168.1.1?

for your home phone, who told you cant connect your cordless phone from another location?

I've Been Here Awhile

We have had experience with IPTV prior to this.  We have a trailer up at Grand Bend, ON and 3 years ago got IPTV through Hay Communications up there.  I expected to have some signal issues or something and it runs pretty smoothly and for a smaller company, it was just like cable at home...none of the problems that we're experiencing with Rogers and we got it 3 years ago.  

I Plan to Stick Around

So I phoned my Concierge to complain about the night time viewing issues many of us have.  He didn't know the exact details but said that Rogers is currently working on a firmware issue.  He also said because of the poor experience and that I called he was going to give me 1 free year of Crave (19.95/mo value). So maybe everyone should call in?  Might get this issue fixed quicker? Never a dull moment with cable eh?  Lol

I Plan to Stick Around

Eero wall to wall wifi mesh locks the ignite TV modem every 5 min

It used to work for me for past 2 weeks but starting today keep locking the modem and have to reboot .

once I remove the beacon and 2 other nodes, ignite tv works fine...

another issue sue on the top of other Ignite TV !,

I Plan to Stick Around

@seadooxp30 wrote:

Eero wall to wall wifi mesh locks the ignite TV modem every 5 min

It used to work for me for past 2 weeks but starting today keep locking the modem and have to reboot .

once I remove the beacon and 2 other nodes, ignite tv works fine...

another issue sue on the top of other Ignite TV !,

So looks like support was pushing the same firmware that I have and that keep causing my eero mesh to lock up

I'm Here A Lot

I had to use the HP app to release the IP address. Then re-initial a new IP. Then the printer updated to the new 10.0.x.x format.

It's just frustrating that during the 2 hrs Tech Support is setting up the Ignite Service for $149.99 install fee. You think they would include instruction for connecting all wifi peripherals in a house to the new IP address format.
I'm Here A Lot

What internet service are you using?

Has anyone noticed if the issues occur with both 150u and 1GB speeds?

I've heard from some other people that 1GB doesn't have the image quality issues.  Any comments?

I Plan to Stick Around

@trio-of-dogs wrote:

What internet service are you using?

Has anyone noticed if the issues occur with both 150u and 1GB speeds?

I've heard from some other people that 1GB doesn't have the image quality issues.  Any comments?

I am not currently experiencing any issues with one TV and multiple devices on my 150u service. There were some a week ago but they seemed to have gone away.