Ignite TV - Several Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV - Several Issues

Thanks for all that but, as I said, I am a layman, plug and play. Oh and, the time it takes to change channels a few minutes ago is 5 seconds and I rebooted my set top box and modem.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@schmidtp wrote:
Thanks for all that but, as I said, I am a layman, plug and play. Oh and, the time it takes to change channels a few minutes ago is 5 seconds and I rebooted my set top box and modem.

What did the IPv6 tests show when channel changes took 5 seconds again?  Things should not have broken so quickly after power-cycling your equipment.

@CommunityHelps : Could this be due to a faulty XB6 gateway?  Neighbourhood issue?  Perhaps you can check into this further and offer a second opinion.  Thanks!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You are asking me questions o which I have no idea. When I change channels and it takes long, how do I know what the "IPv6 tests show"? Do I check something on the TV? If so, how?
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@schmidtp wrote:
You are asking me questions o which I have no idea. When I change channels and it takes long, how do I know what the "IPv6 tests show"? Do I check something on the TV? If so, how?

From a device connected to your home LAN or WiFi, click on https://test-ipv6.com/ .  You should score a perfect 10/10.  If you have good IPv6 connectivity, you will also have a line that says "Since you have IPv6, we are including a tab that shows how well you can reach other IPv6 sites" in your test results and can view your reachability to various test sites.  If IPv6 connectivity in your home is broken, your Ignite TV service will be glitchy as well.

FYI, this is the test that Comcast uses as well.  They even provide a local mirror for their customers.