Ignite TV - Several Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ignite TV - Several Issues

Hello @ShirazB,

Welcome to the Community!

I can see how frustrating this experience has been for you based on what you've described. We may be able to better assist you once we have access to your account. Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps. If you're unfamiliar with how our Private Messaging system works, please check out this page.

RogersZia

I've Been Around

The question is why is this inconvenience a weekly or more frequent occurrence ?
Power cycle this, call us time and time again, I didn’t make the change to ignite to listen to my wife and kids complain about the consistent lag and issues with our tv and internet.

We have a 250ft cable dangling from our house to the curb side cable box that was to be buried weeks ago, not completed and this restart your gateway garbage every Sunday night and a few nights through the week has pushed me to the brink.
No issues with cable for 20+ years, however ignite is going to bring this relationship to an end

I Plan to Stick Around

My simple setup is rock solid for the last year. I did have some issues when I used my own wifi extender, but that has since been removed and all good now.

There is fundamental base problem somewhere with your setup. Find it and everything will be fine. If your internet is not stable then the TV service will also have issues. Do you have any wifi extenders or additional routers? Suggest you focus on the internet with the concierge service rep.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think thats it.. a GOOD setup, proper, good signal.. there shouldnt be issues.

I hear people of having to restart the modem multiple times a day, etc.

I have had ignite since about day one of it being available.   And I can count on both hands, the number of times I have had to reboot the modem.   Boxes a few more than that, but still not crazy.. less than one a week.

But I have had the run from the street replaced a number of years ago.
Signal level is pretty much bang on proper, etc.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Situations requiring a modem reset are relatively rare for me as well.

My internet connection is not perfect but still pretty good.  The cable from the street to my house is probably getting close to the end of its service life and I see occasional error spikes in my modem stats but nothing severe enough to disrupt Ignite TV.

On a few occasions, out of the blue, I also experienced some MAJOR Wi-Fi issues that severely disrupted my (normally stable) service when neighbours tried to fix their own Wi-Fi.  They started using the same channel that I was using and one also "installed another router to boost power".  Suddenly, their Wi-Fi problems became my Wi-Fi problems as well.  I suspect that similar situations (and problematic Wi-Fi setups) are a common source of grief for many.

I've Been Around

I am having same issues. I work from home and last two days I am impacted as of now I have no internet. On 21st Jan.
Hope Roger is doing something about it. Yesterday morning the same issue.
I've Been Here Awhile

A suggestion- I installed Ignite early December 2019. I have had major internet problems at my Gate that is about 50' from the house Also added MyQ interface for gate operators- Installed Carrier Infinity WiFi Controller (thermostat plus) Operators worked perfectly from Day 1 Intermittent Controller connection often in early evening Intermittent RingPro connection in early evening RingPro advised me that Live Steaming perhaps too slow due to low speed (150) ( heavy usage in residential area) Did a temporary upgrade to 500 speed Possibility speed to low at times of heavy load? I will let you all know- So far no disconnect!! Life is good again! and my blood pressure having to deal with call centres and repeat the information numerous times I found a really good rep who was not a Tech who listened and offered at least a suggestion towards resolution Ring had some good troubleshooting guides. Pay attention to speed
I've Been Here Awhile

Same problem. Nothing I recorded on Tuesday would play. I have had more technicians at my home. They are all super polite and I believe trying to help but anything they do seems to last for a few days and then the problem is back.
I've Been Here Awhile

I have just cancelled the service in its totality. I have NEVER dealt with a company that says "I am so sorry..." and do nothing. If you are sorry, then fix the thing so you don't torment customers anymore. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I had to actually get in touch with the president's office to get Ignite support to realize that the problem is not with any equipment at my place but with the Ignite software. I was constantly told that to get help I would have to have a tech come to my place. After (and I hear its about $200-300 a visit) 4 visits by the most senior tech in Ottawa (him and I would talk about how poor Rogers support is) he had replace the hardware 4 times, rewired my house indoors and outdoors to the post. Of course since this did nothing to fix the flawed software nothing good happened. To say that Rogers has no clue is well not enough. They know there are big problems and have no desire (or competence) to fix those problems. 4K has been broken for well over a year. My last communication with Rogers gave me a parent ticket # about the problem and of course no date as to when it would be fixed. Fixing it takes effort, Rogers gives none. The reason --- I am told that I will not get compensation for the problems until they are fixed and they can determine how much to give. This gives them the reason they need. If they don't fix the problems then they don't have to compensate me. Simple as that. First level support will tell you there are no problems with 4k. Then I give them the parent ticket # and they have to acknowledge the problem. Seems that I know more about the problems than Rogers does (or perhaps more than Rogers will admit to). All in all Rogers has set to take your money , ignore your problems and do nothing.