Ignite TV - Several Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Ignite TV - Several Issues

I would argue that constantly sending out untrained/undertrained installers is the ultimate back-end issue....

Why would a company that is betting so much on this product not spend the time and money to make sure that those who are actually interacting with customers know what they're doing?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Lurker wrote:

I would argue that constantly sending out untrained/undertrained installers is the ultimate back-end issue....

Why would a company that is betting so much on this product not spend the time and money to make sure that those who are actually interacting with customers know what they're doing?

@Lurker 

I agree completely with you, I had a third party contractor do the initial install because when I asked Rogers to send an actual Rogers tech they said for new installs they cannot control who will come. I had issues of course and called Rogers to send a tech to correct the install. This time they sent an actual Rogers tech who was very knowledgeable and corrected the initial install problems. He then went above and beyond checking WiFi throughout the house and checking all signal levels at the modem and running speed test to ensure everything was working. He spent more time at my house too than the third party contractor that came initially, the first guy was in and out without checking much. 

I wish Rogers would make sure only Rogers Tech's do Ignite installs since there is more that needs to be done, and the initial experience is very important. Save the third party guys for Digital TV and Hitron stuff.

I Plan to Stick Around

Your story is a common one with Rogers, if they spent as much time thinking up excuses has actually attempting to make sure that their products are one the product that they advertise to a product that is at least a certain quality then these stories would cease to happen. I get exactly the same excuses from Rogers from level1tech up to the president's office so this is not a coincidence this is a Rogers methodology of excusing themselves for poor service.

I've Been Around

We just made the switch from regular rogers boxes over to ignite.  We switched phone, internet and cable.  Technician showed up late, instaled everything, left boxes and cables everywhere and after demoing the working system, it crashed within 20 minutes and now we are without anything in our home.  No tv, no internet and no home phone.  3 days to have someone come out to "fix" it.  Did not think to google issues until after this happened and I guess I should have as its pretty evident we are in for a bunch here.

I Plan to Stick Around

Call your concierge. They should have given you a name and number to call. If you can't reach your concierge speak to one of the other concierges. This should not happen and to have to wait three days without service is unconscionable. Ask for compensation off your bill.

I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite TV is very frustrating and does not work. Very poor product. Very poor service.

I have had a technician over once.  A senior technician over 2 more times.  And product is still very poor.  I sticks, cuts out, sound goes out during sporting events very frequently.  Actually during the whole game.  My friends are laughing at me because I can't get this product fixed.  I invite them over to watch the game and it is very embarrassing.

Yesterday a i was promised by rogers technical support the that a senior technician and a supervisor would come and try to get the product to work.  They did not show up and I didn't even get a call.

I honestly do not know what to do??????

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jimstgermain  Your frustration is understandable.  There are a few things that can cause these problems.  It might be an issue with the feed or it might be a software-related issue on the Xi6 that can cause it to glitch under certain circumstances.  When you get an audio drop-out or a momentary freeze, try hitting the "replay" button on the remote.  If the drop-out reproduces (or you see some other glitch) in the same place, it's an issue with the stream itself.  If things are fine on the replay, it means that the set-top box received the data for that video segment but didn't (or couldn't) process it for some reason.  Regardless, the issues with your service still need to be addressed.

For what it's worth, my Ignite TV service has been working very well.  My Internet service is solid (very few errors on the link) and I do regular "health checks" on my in-home network.  I do see occasional glitches with Ignite TV but they occur very infrequently; certainly nothing major.  Hopefully, Rogers can dispatch a senior tech to your home to troubleshoot your installation and get these issues resolved for you.

I Plan to Stick Around

The real problem is that Rogers doesn't know how to fix things. Talked to President's office and they kinda admit that they are dependent on Comcast and they aren't doing a good job for Rogers. This product is a total mess and the best thing they could do is admit it but they won't.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lsheen6212  It's not unusual for there to be challenges when launching a new service for the first time and then later on again when subscriber growth really starts to pick up and the service gets enriched with new features.  The way that Rogers deployed Ignite TV is also a bit different from Comcast's Xfinity service.  I think that some of the current issues partially stem from new staff (or staff new to Ignite TV) installing and supporting the service as well as the "best practices" for installation and deployment still being a work-in-progress.

I still don't have any major complaints about Ignite TV.  So far, I've generally had a better experience than I ever did with Bell Fibe TV or with Rogers Digital TV.

I Plan to Stick Around

When exactly does a service stop being new?  I have had this service for a year now and Ottawa was months behind other places in Ontario.  I will give you a short history of my problems with Ignite and how they were not fixed.

1.  When the product was installed it took the installer about an hour to simply pair the controller to the Ignite TV box.  He explained that Rogers was not giving them training and there were no manuals or online instructions so it was very difficult to do.

2.  After about a month my old TV bit the dust.  You really cannot buy a TV these days without having a 4K capability.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that Ignite detected the 4K and started showing the 4K channels in the guide.  This was very quickly brought back to earth when I attempted to view a 4K channel.  It was basically unwatchable.  It took months to get Rogers to admit that they had problems with 4K.  This was only after several senior tech came to my house and saw the problem.  After my equipment was changed 3 times (both TV box and Modem) and showing them that recordings of 4K had the same problem that Rogers raised a ticket for the problem.  While not as bad  as back then 4K is still a problem.

3.  Perhaps the most telling is what happened yesterday.  I found a problem with the sports app (button C).  I had noticed the problem before and was told that the problem would be fixed by the time the new hockey season started.  Well it has not been fixed but the real problem was when I attempted to inform support of the ongoing problem.  When I was asked by the level 1 support person what I was having trouble with I informed them that the sports app had a problem.  The support agent asked me what was the sports app.  Realizing that talking to this person would not solve anything I asked to speak to a supervisor.  I told him the same thing and got the same response.  While I did not expect them to fix the problem the fact that they did not even know about the sports app shows exactly how poorly Ignite is supported.

This is no longer a new product.

When I talked to retention about this I was given the same excuse that the product is new and we should give it a chance.  Your response is a simple echoing of what Rogers tells you to say.

In that year nothing has changed.  Support is still only a word.  The technology is still very flawed.

We are still paying full price for a product that is still in a Beta state.

Rogers should be ashamed of their handling of this product and how they treat their paying customers.