Ignite TV - Several Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Ignite TV - Several Issues

Just watched 3 of the shows I recorded last night. Seems to be a consistent problem happening when I watched each of the shows:

**program freezes for about 2-3 seconds various times

**sound stops and you can't hear what is being said, once again for 2-3 seconds. It happens multiple times. Sometimes it could be a key piece of the dialogue for the program. This sucks! Hope they fix it soon.

**Finally, when watching the recorded program I had it happen two times where the playback automatically stopped on its own and said there was issue with the playback at this time??? Then waited a half hour and tried it again and this time it worked.

So far if I had to summarize the Ignite experience, I would sum it up by saying there are a few things that are good about it, more things that are bad about it.

Rogers needs to hurry up and IGNITE their tech team to fix these issues right away.

I've Been Here Awhile

I’ve had Ignite TV for almost a month and exact same issues here. Some live channels have a long delay to load and pvr playback is terrible. My sound also cuts out intermittently. This is happening on all 3 of my Ignite boxes. I’ve already had a tech come to fix issues with my wifi signal and seemed to solve that problem, I now have Eero mesh hooked up and all 3 boxes show a very strong signal. My internet speed is the 150 (Rogers is offering it now, claiming Ignite can run on that speed). What speed are the rest of you with issues using? Maybe things would be better on 500mbs?
I Plan to Stick Around

I have gigabit speed. I have the mesh. I can’t get more than 20mbs on my iPhone X. They won’t send a tech. Just did phone diagnosis and opened a ticket. Ticket closed and nothing changed.
I Plan to Stick Around

@communityhelp is anyone looking into this?

Hey @Will2019!

Having such ongoing issues with your Ignite service would definitely take away from the intended experience! If you have not yet reached out to technical support for assistance I would highly recommend it as these types of issues can be related to RF or wireless connectivity issues. Feel free to send us a PM @CommunityHelps and we can take a look to see if there's anything visibly impacting your service.  For more information on our private messaging system you can check out our Blog.

@RogersAndy

I Plan to Stick Around

I tried twice. Rogers won’t send one. They keep saying they’re working on it on their end with Comcast. It’s over a week now for me and others have posted prior.
I'm Here A Lot

This is exactly what i posted in a thread a couple days ago! Around 9:30-10 om mu recording lose sound, I can't fast forward properly and then it kicks me out so I have to watch it on demand, with a million commercials. Is this some weird ploy to get us to watch their commercials?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Almost the only issues I get with the service.. is off  and on playback issues.
IE: playing back something right now.. perfectly fine, clear, etc.  No issues.
But during peak times, have had off and on issues of when it does into like a lower quality, havent had the drop to on demand in a while but did happen before.
Fast Forward seems to work fine for me (compared to some others on here saying they have issues with it)
Internet is FINE during those times.. speed tests, etc.

I seriously thing that the issues there, are back end.

As for the speeds.. I know the Eero things are not  perfect.. and I am not going to get my top speed (500) over them.
But just did a test on my laptop, and pulled about 160/20 on a test with it.
So should be capable of getting something decent out of it.

I'm Here A Lot

I agree. I think Rogers still has technology limitations.

we've just had Ignite installed 24hrs ago and immediately the issues started. Tech Support said it can take up to 24hrs for the software & firmware to complete uploading.
2nd Call about our ticket and tech commented it there may be a server issue that could be related to our distance (Whitby).
We had a similar experience with Bell Fibe in the area 3 yrs ago.
I don't think Rogers has the technology to resolve this issue yet for customers outside the Toronto core.

I've Been Here Awhile

I mostly PVR my shows because of my work hours. I've noticed problems since switching to Ignite.
-Fast forward option: Program freezes, then jumps ahead, way past the spot where you want to stop at. Even if you only have to on 2x ff. When you press ff, the screen freezes, then goes to fast forward, then freezes, and then jumps way ahead.
-The sound cuts in and out, as well as the picture sometimes.
- The picture quality decreases, then goes back to normal
- TV shows lag.
I'm frustrated, and it's making me think real hard about switching to Bell.