Ignite TV - Several Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV - Several Issues

Winner! 

So the solution is to get a Rogers L3 tech to come onsite. This is a costly one.

An alternative is to educate, train and equip their Field Svcs techs (including the 3rd party) to perform more comprehensive tech checks, rather than spin tales and other tall stories.

Seriously, you indicated that the problems disappeared BEFORE the tech disconnected and reconnected the cable at the pedestal. So the post-visit work was a bonus.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@wez  - Actually, no. I didn't have my TV on until after the tech had left so I don't know whether the issues had already disappeared. All I do know that after the tech had checked the pedestal my issues disappeared; putting two and two together I may be getting five but I'm reasonably sure it's four

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@wez,

I had L5 Tech (Lol) at my house and still have audio and video freezing after 7 PM.

Can people on this forum that have the audio video freezing issue conform if only happens around prime time ( 7-11 PM)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

yes when i first got ignite the problem of freezing was predictable around prime time viewing.  3 months of this and then all of a sudden little to no problems one day.  Its been good for over a year now.  Rogers did something outside of my house to fix the problem.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

same here...

I had issue originally when I got IgniteTV 1 1/2 years ago. Got sorted out but started again about 4 weeks ago...

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have had the Rogers Ignite service for 3 weeks. I have nothing but up and down internet and TV issues. I have had 4 technicians visit since starting with 4 modems, 4 ignite boxes, 2 boosters later, I am still getting either Yellow Screen or intermittent black screens.  #NOTAWESOME

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Does the TV happen to be an RCA TV?  It appears there is an issue with the current firmware and RCA Tvs giving some yellow/weird color display issues.

Outside of there being back in issues where you are, assuming those techs have set everything up properly, generally then should have those issues.  (i dont have any black screens, clear picture, etc all the time)

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

It not an RCA TV issue. Its a video output issue related to the firmware. Rogers is just using that as an excuse. I tested this by using an HD monitor, laptop and another NON-RCA tv. Same results. Four technicians in 2.5 weeks!!! It's appalling they make you pay for this service.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Might be specific to those model boxes (as there are two?  An A and T if I recall correctly).
With yes, a firmware issue.

But definitely is not global.    All 3 of mine are displaying correctly, my mothers 2, my inlaws 3/4 are all fine (except for on her RCA)

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have all the same issues. Is there really a fix for this ???