Ignite TV - Several Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV - Several Issues

Thanks for all that but, as I said, I am a layman, plug and play. Oh and, the time it takes to change channels a few minutes ago is 5 seconds and I rebooted my set top box and modem.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@schmidtp wrote:
Thanks for all that but, as I said, I am a layman, plug and play. Oh and, the time it takes to change channels a few minutes ago is 5 seconds and I rebooted my set top box and modem.

What did the IPv6 tests show when channel changes took 5 seconds again?  Things should not have broken so quickly after power-cycling your equipment.

@CommunityHelps : Could this be due to a faulty XB6 gateway?  Neighbourhood issue?  Perhaps you can check into this further and offer a second opinion.  Thanks!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You are asking me questions o which I have no idea. When I change channels and it takes long, how do I know what the "IPv6 tests show"? Do I check something on the TV? If so, how?
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@schmidtp wrote:
You are asking me questions o which I have no idea. When I change channels and it takes long, how do I know what the "IPv6 tests show"? Do I check something on the TV? If so, how?

From a device connected to your home LAN or WiFi, click on https://test-ipv6.com/ .  You should score a perfect 10/10.  If you have good IPv6 connectivity, you will also have a line that says "Since you have IPv6, we are including a tab that shows how well you can reach other IPv6 sites" in your test results and can view your reachability to various test sites.  If IPv6 connectivity in your home is broken, your Ignite TV service will be glitchy as well.

FYI, this is the test that Comcast uses as well.  They even provide a local mirror for their customers.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Everyday almost like clockwork at 5pm the tv starts freezing, losing audio and dropping.
Please don't tell me this is peak hour nonsense, this is COVID, people are home all day long.
I'm currently over a month with issues and now running a temporary cable from my neighbors house a couple of doors down until a burial crew can replace our own cable.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Ever since I got ignite I have had email issues - outlook, which I have used for years has now lost all my emails and folders and Rogers cannot fix it.  I switched to using Yahoo - which worked for three whole days.  Now I can receive emails but not send any or delete any.  I run a home business this  has caused me so much grief and time trying to get this fixed - I am either getting rid of Rogers all together or getting rid of ignite TV.  I really don't understand how ignite TV has destroyed my emails

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That is a Microsoft outlook software issue, nothing to do with the provider of internet service. The internet  provider is only the water hose, what you put through it is your issue.

As an aside, I have stopped using Outlook quite a while ago. Microsoft does not seem to support it very well anymore. They have sent out emails about their Office support going away. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/fixes-or-workarounds-for-recent-issues-in-outlook-for-pc-...

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JohnMorrison wrote:  Ever since I got ignite I have had email issues - outlook...

Which version of Outlook are you using? There have been several recent discussions regarding the fact that older versions of Outlook are no longer supported and, for the past few months, have been having difficulty sending/receiving e-mails, etc.  I had to upgrade my Outlook for Mac 2011 to the latest Outlook as part of Microsoft 365, as discussed in the following thread (there are other similar threads). This has nothing to do with Ignite as mentioned in the post above.  The timing is probably coincidence.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-Receive-Emails-on-Outlook/td-p/461103

Webmail still works fine.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Ignite TV - Several Email Issues

Sorry to hear about your lost emails. Must be very frustrating. My first reaction is that this has more to do with your email configuration than the internet service. I cannot even begin to image how an internet service could do that to your emails, or how Rogers tech support could help. When you first encountered the problem did you try accessing the email an alternate way, like a smartphone?

I have had 4 different internet service providers in the last 20 years and have never lost any emails, much less whole folders. My email has been with Outlook for the last 5 or 6 years, and I access it with my smartphone, Thunderbird client, web mail, or the Mail client on Windows. All work fine.

Maybe you can provide a bit more detail, and someone here may be able to speculate on what happened.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JohnMorrison wrote:

Ever since I got ignite I have had email issues - outlook, which I have used for years has now lost all my emails and folders and Rogers cannot fix it.  I switched to using Yahoo - which worked for three whole days.  Now I can receive emails but not send any or delete any.  I run a home business this  has caused me so much grief and time trying to get this fixed - I am either getting rid of Rogers all together or getting rid of ignite TV.  I really don't understand how ignite TV has destroyed my emails

Do you have Protected Browsing enabled in the Ignite WiFi Hub?  That's the only thing that I can think of (related to the Ignite Internet service) that could cause weird or random connectivity problems for network client applications.

Email clients can also cause an unexpected loss of emails on the server.  Many POP3 clients have an option that will allow you to delete emails on the server after they have been downloaded.  Email services (Yahoo, Outlook, Gmail) all implement IMAP in their own weird ways and this can also cause problems for some email clients that can also result in a loss of emails on the server.  (As a software alpha tester, I have personally seen this happen.)

The good news is that if the deletion is recent, Outlook has a safety feature that will allow you to recover recently deleted emails through their web-based email interface... provided that you have not disabled this option in the service's settings.