Ignite TV - Several Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Ignite TV - Several Issues

Ditto x 1000

They lie

I am sooo thankful that I terminated them so Rogers cannot ever torture me again

Bye- Bye Rogers! In my rear view mirror only LOL

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Wow! I just got ignite two weeks ago and have had nothing but problems. System freezing, screen going black continuously. I thought I was alone. Then I found this forum and see that this has been a continuous problem. I upgraded to 1Gb internet to make sure I had enough speed and I get worse upload and download than when I had 500 Mb service. Tech was here for 3.5 hours a week ago and agreed that there is definitely something wrong but would need maintenance to do something on the external section, and after he left it went right back to being garbage and nothing has changed since. I too am very discouraged I changed. I have been in this house for 16 years and had rogers cable all of those years. My tv service has been down for more times in the last 2 weeks than it has ever been in the last 16 years previous. They are sending a tier 2 tech out on Saturday but after reading all your posts, i don't have a lot of confidence this is going to be resolved.  I was told so many untruths to get me to change to this. I thought that it would be great. My bad for not investigating further before I agreed.   

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While i agree, there are a fair number on here that do/are having problems with the service.
The people on here are just a small subset of people with ignite.  

I personally know about 25 people who have switched over to it, and do NOT experience the regular issues that are expressed here.

So its not necessarily GLOBAL issues that everyone might experience.
They are something that might(?) happen from case to case.
(I can come up with a list as long as the ones here, which could and did happen to specific users on digital cable)

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

And HOW does that help us? The only reason Rogers has offered this promo is to get everyone off digital. I asked to go back to digital and they refused. They told me my only option is to find a new service provider. Rogers doesn't care. It's all about them.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

There have been many posts recently from new users venting their frustrations, mostly with little or no information about their interactions with their Concierge and very little details about their configuration. Your frustration is understandable if the service is not rock solid. It is not unusual to find a small percentage of users with problems (read any forum about any service or product), however, how the user goes about trying to get their problems resolved makes a huge difference in finding a solution.

If the interactions with the Concierge or Service rep come across like the nature of these posts, then it is not surprising that it is felt that the contacted person does not care.

If you have come to this forum for help then provide details about your configuration and the steps that have been taken with the service person. There have been some excellent posts recently about potential problem areas and things that could be tried to resolve them.

Disclaimer: I have no connections with Rogers other than being a satisfied Ignite user for over a year. Yes my setup is simple.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I have read your post and thank you for that. Yes I am venting because I have been through all this before with Rogers and it always seems the same when you need help. That may have clouded my judgement. The people I talk to do honestly seem like they want to help, but it does get frustrating when things don't work how they should or you don't receive services that were told you would receive. I will give it a chance as you have stated, some people have no problems. I must ask though. What is this concierge thing you keep mentioning. I have no knowledge of what this is. I just keep calling technical support. Its funny though, the numbers they keep giving me to call end up being the wrong numbers and I get told I have to be switched to someone else. That got frustrating for a while. So long story short here I will give them a chance to see what they can do before I jump to any further conclusions. Thanks for clearing the air. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Rising wrote:

What is this concierge thing you keep mentioning. I have no knowledge of what this is. I just keep calling technical support. Its funny though, the numbers they keep giving me to call end up being the wrong numbers and I get told I have to be switched to someone else. That got frustrating for a while.

I don't know if this is still the case but when Ignite TV was in the early phases of its roll-out, Rogers assigned us a Concierge and provided us with their extension so that we could call them directly.  They were basically a single point of contact that new customers could call if they ran into any issues with the Ignite TV service.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/preparing-for-your-ignite-tv-personalized-install

If you have a technical problem, the Concierge will still have to transfer you to the Tech Support team.  However, they can deal with billing issues, answer general questions, coordinate the resolution of any outstanding issues following your install, and help you to navigate the Rogers organization if ongoing technical issues are not getting resolved.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I'm also thinking Wow, I'm getting a lot of buffering issues which drops audio or goes black (nothing) for 2-to-5 seconds. Lots of pop-up messages apologizing for the technical issues and suggesting to reboot my wifi device (which I'm not using with Rogers at all). Internet reliability was great for the first 5 days of our new service. But for the last two days, it's been down about 10 times! And just for reference, in the last 3-years that I was with Bell, maybe I've had two outages for 5-min total! What is most awkward for me is the fact that when I call in, I think that "maybe it is my equipment" ... but after reading this huge volume of postings, reality is more clear now!! And PVR cloud recording is extremely frustrating, just cause the issues are consistently frequent. Actually watching CraveTV or NetFlix randomly stops, goes black for 5 seconds (or so) and then puts on a channel that we didn't even have selected! It's like a ghost in the box. And this is very frustrating, almost "ever 2 minutes" of streaming anything, it's consistently dropping or going crazy! Btw, I'm not using any wireless, all hardwired, and the TV boxes are only registering as 100BaseT connections (the slowest connections of anything on my switch!!!). What to do? I'm only on week 1 of my Ignite service and I just returned all of my Bell gear.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I find that weird that you are having problems with being hardwired. I went to hardwired when I was having problems with the pods and everything was good. They sent Ramkey techs to my house again and after installing the equipment the way it should have been in the first place (placing modem in center of house) things seem to be working better. The tech asked me how many pods I was running before he even entered the house and when I told him "3", he said your house isn't big enough for "3" pods. They installed the modem in the proper place (which the first install guys told be they don't do wiring just install) and removed the pods. He explained to me that because the pods were all so close together that they were basically fighting with each other and causing problems. It seems to be working better now for the tv's but the upload on the internet is still constantly dropping like a stone. I am lucky to get 12Mbps upload when I should be getting 30Mbps on a wired service. I will give it some time to see if things work themselves out. Give the tech's a chance and be nice to them as they are trying very hard to make everyone have an enjoyable experience. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@-20  Do you have any network gear installed that's not part of Rogers' standard installation?  You said that your set-top boxes are wired but were they always this way from the beginning or did you connect them this way yourself afterwards?  Are you using your router to provide connectivity for any devices or to try to improve wireless speed/coverage?

I'm asking because I've seen these same issues come up in testing when the network is in an unstable configuration.  The Xi6 set-top boxes also try to maintain a wireless connection even when they are connected via wired Ethernet.  They don't actively use the wireless connection but if the wireless link (or the Access Point or the wireless network that they are connected to) is unstable it can cause all sorts of strange issues.