Ignite TV - Several Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ignite TV - Several Issues

Hello, @Hammerne.

Thank you for your patience throughout the ordeal, and I appreciate your detailed post in the Rogers Community Forums!

We certainly value your long term loyalty and would like to turn your recent experience around. We can run diagnostics to isolate speed issues and look into expediting the Senior Tech service call for you. 

Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

When is ignite going to work properly?

2 weeks later, still not working properly. Good many times should we restart the modem, installed pods - didn’t help. Lips are off can’t watch anything live or 4K, freezing issues and lagging even after installing pods and a senior tech visit. Just want to switch back to to cable, at this point it doesn’t seem like the services are EVER going to work the way I was told they would and paying for.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Wheresismytv  When the Senior Tech was at your home, what did they say was/was not working and what do they need to investigate further?

Regarding lips being out of sync, this has been an issue for some for a while now.  Please try the following: go into "Settings > Device Settings > Audio > HDMI Audio Output" and change the setting to "Stereo" and then back to "Auto Detect".  Does that get audio and video back in sync again?  For a demonstration, check out this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nJxudzXAIw

As for your picture freezing, Ignite TV is a streaming service and the underlying technologies were designed to recover from small network errors in such a way that you should not even notice them... which points to this likely being a software-related issue on the set-top box itself; something that causes it to periodically stop processing video segments from time to time even though it likely received them successfully over the network.

I've Been Around

We have had the exact same issues. I switch based on the promise of better connections an easier to use. I try to watch sports and all it keeps doing is stopping and starting. I had better reception using cable

All the issues that have been noted in previous post happen to our account as well

I have had 1 unit crash and a tech replaced it

I have had a tech out to survey the house and he added a pod but stated the wifi is strong. I am currently running 500 wifi from rogers. Although this does not give me 500 but it works. I was told this would work on a lesser speed but I highly doubt it.

So over all very disappointed  with the service . Been on for 3 months and no resolutions. 

I Plan to Stick Around

This is why I stick with Fibe ATM. Mt Ingite TV trial was abysmal..

I Plan to Stick Around

cancelling it a second time after 48 hours. Again.

The positive: marked progress with features getting closer to Bell.

CONS:

The new Ignite TV is poor- the flat, key-less middle portion requiring 9.3 lbs psi (measured, yes that much), whereas the rest of the buttons need barely 1. the central buttons, Arrows, left Right etc back, have been placed under a thick membrane, presumably to reduce greasy fingerprint issues. Only explanation as it makes no sense. "This remote is garbage, Sorry sir" said the technician. Both 4k PVRs, two remotes.

No FFWD 30s option. 6 clicks to bypass commercials with Bell and other providers. Not Ignite TV. You need to spend time scrolling Fwd, missing the marc, going back then back to program resume. the absence of a 30s ff

Image- on par, maybe marginally better than Bell's 4k PVR (barely if perceptible on some channels, with Bell superior on others such as CBC/CNN) which i am running in parallel. Definitely more Ignite TV pixelation for live sports channels than Fibe TV.

• 1 hour spent with tech support seeking alternatives such as the remote with actual silver, actuated buttons. I was also told that you cannot restart a program
  • 1 hr chasing the alternate remote calling stores
  • 1 hour again with tech support, a technician telling me that the flat remote is not replaceable with the silver keys
  • 1 hour trying to fiddle with my remote, and discover that Content does Restart once you see the symbol in Guide and press > button Restart does work
  • 1 hour trying to figure out why i could not log in my rogers account. NP= Rogers created me another account parallel to my cell phone one..
  • 1 hour calling to de-conflict these; be told that ONLY CHAT can de-conflict these two accounts. watched chat notify of long waits, widow refreshed and a new robochat wait time started. I gave up at the 1 hr mark.

Remote Voice control does not work or recognize voice properly. TSN gave me 15 variations of GSN GSM and all sort of odd things...

I could perhaps add the 1 hr cancellation bumping around and 30 min waiting for callbacks that never occurred. So 7+ hours in 48 hours (7 PM 6 nov to 7 PM 8 nov), and I am done. Other responsibilities tie up my time as well, do not have time to wait forever on chat to ensure having one account for everything.

Overall? Promising, quite a lot, but meanwhile I stick with the Bell Fibe and its 500$ higher annual rate..

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Belisarius wrote:

No FFWD 30s option. 6 clicks to bypass comemrcials with Bell and many other providers. Not Ignite TV. You need to spend time scrolling Fwd, missing the marc, going back then back to program resume. the absence of a 30s ff

You need to punch in a "secret" key sequence to enable this:  Press the Exit button three times, then "0 0 3 0"

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Simple 30 fast forward :

Select one:

1) Press the voice button and say "fast foward 30 seconds"

2) press the page up button once 

Or even better: press the voice button and say " fast forward 3 minutes"

Easy a 1.2.3

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes. I got 3 Minutes - Not found. 30 Seconds- Not found. It got it once out of 5 tries.

I also discovered that I cannot play IgnoTV on the App- it keeps asking for a location. Hmmm, and yet Bell Fibe does not..I could be in Congo and get to watch my recordings without the Location Settings.. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Belisarius  I don't know what you're seeing.  The Ignite TV Xi6 set-top box has two modes (that I know of) when you press the "Pg Up" button.  By default, it skips ahead 5 minutes.  However, if you punch in:

Exit  Exit  Exit  0  0  3  0

it will cause "Pg Up" to skip ahead 30 seconds instead.  The setting is internal to the set-top-box and you have to change the setting on each set-top box individually.  Sometimes, a software update may cause the Xi6 to lose this setting.  However, the "30 second skip" has stuck on all of my STB's since I changed it back in May.