Ignite TV - Several Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Ignite TV - Several Issues

I was made large promises in July of a system that would be as good as Bell Fibe ... with a rate that made it worth a shot. Since day one I have yet to have a full day of TV without having to reboot multiple times. It takes me on average 3 hours to watch 1 hour of TV.

I've had numerous technicians come and add pods, add filters etc etc ... its Oct 4th and I'm still going through the same problems and have to waste yet another day to wait for a technician between noon and whenever they may show up.
I've been fair ... but after 3 months of not getting what I am paying for ... I said enough. Customer card's response... it's not bad enough yet to compensate me. You guys are unbelievable.. expect my equipment back in short order.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This is another example of how poor Ignite is.  It has a sports app.  This app is about the same quality as the rest of Ignite.

20191005_204716.jpg

Notice that while there are three goals scored the total score is correct but the period totals are wrong.  There has been no QA done on this poor excuse for a quality service.  Rogers should be so ashamed.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm watching the Leafs game, currently mid-way through the 3rd period, and I only see stats in the Sports app up to the end of the 2nd period.  As I type this, stats are just starting to trickle in and get updated for the 3rd period.  The only thing that is getting updated in real-time is the score and game clock.

Looks like this is a manual process that's lagging rather than a QA issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah I'm sure there is a guy inputting the scores. Notice that if you look at the scores you will see that some guys scored their zero goal. Stop making excuses for Rogers. It's just another poor excuse for what they claim as a quality product.
I Plan to Stick Around

Seriously? This is the worst of your issues with igniteTV? Does Bell Fibe provide anything like this for their service. I know there are issues with IgniteTV, WiFi connectivity, routers dropping internet, etc. but if this is the worst of your problems with IgniteTV then, to be blunt, you need to get a life.

I Plan to Stick Around

How about the fact that at the present I have no service?  Is that a good enough reason to complain.  There is a two hour wait for support which is strange since it is 5:15 in the morning and I find it impossible to believe that there is a queue of so many people that it would take 2 hours.

This is a pathetic service and Rogers is a pathetic company

I've Been Around

Just had ignite installed this afternoon. All worked perfectly when the tech was here, perfect picture, sound, and all remote buttons worked flawlessly. Turned on the tv at 4pm and the signal cuts in and out every 10 to 15 seconds, and occasionally the screen goes black. Guide and Rogers now don’t work and the voice button works sporadically. Is this an issue that the signal strength dropped from 1 pm to 4 pm hence all the issues. Help.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Techster  It's hard to say what could be causing this.  I've only seen this twice before:

Once was when I was testing a new WiFi access point and something about that hardware was triggering an error in the set-top box software.  (It interrupted processing of video stream segments from time to time and that's why I saw the audio and video dropouts.)  I turned off the problematic piece of hardware and everything went back to normal.

Another time, I didn't have any audio/video dropouts but the set-top box was slow in responding to key presses and the Guide was also slow to open.  I think that this was due to a problematic firmware update.  I noted the Release Version of the software and was going to call tech support the next day.  In the morning, the problem had resolved itself and I was back to a older revision of software.

I don't know if poor WiFi signal strength (or local interference) could cause your problems to happen.  You can check the quality of your signal by going to "Settings > Device Settings > Network" and it should say "Your WiFi signal strength is excellent!"... or good.

I don't think it's due to problem with your Internet connection.  Spikes of uncorrectable errors can certainly interrupt video streams or cause the set-top box to switch to a lower bit rate.  However, problems with the Guide point to a problem with the set-top box itself.

I would power-cycle the set-top box to see if the problem clears.

If you can, I would also try watching TV with the "Ignite TV" app on a mobile device or try watching TV on your computer by going to https://ignitetv.rogers.com/

If you can stream fine on other devices but continue to have problems with your set-top box, I would call Rogers tech support for further assistance.

I've Been Around

Looking to upgrade to Ignite, DONT DO IT

I am writing this complaint with the hopes that it will help escalate my issues, since calling the Ignite Concierge, having Techs visit my home repeatedly for the same issues numerous times has not worked in getting Rogers to get their act together and provide the services that I am PAYING for.  

On October 2, I had a tech visit my home to install the Ignite system, I was  moving from a 500m service to 1 GIG Ignite.  He spent about an hour setting everything up, and prior to him finishing up, I ran a Speed Test on the internet. Upon running the test it showed a speed of 280, a far cry from the 700-900 it should be.  The tech then said, it takes time for the services to kick in, but should happen within 24 hrs.   I also asked him what I should do with the old hardware, and he remarked "keep it, its yours, you paid for it".  2 business days later, with my wifi signal  getting worse, dropping to levels around 250-300.. I called Rogers Ignite Concierge, and they assured me that someone will be out to resolve the issue.  A tech came out to "resolve" the issue, only making it worse, he spent a better part of 2hrs in my home, and left without any improvements, blaming the previous tech for not installing the system properly in the first place.  The signal was still poor, and he blamed the connection OUTSIDE the house, and he couldnt fix it.  After this debacle, I called the Rogers Ignite Concierge to inform them of the situation, and I was told "emphatically" that this was not proper, and it would be passed to a Senior Tech to resolve the issue, this call was on October 11.  Today is October 15th, since the Ignite Manager still had not called me back, I decided to call in to find out the situation with my tech, only to find out there are NO service tickets open on my account. What I did get today was a nice $800 bill for all the new services I am supposedly enjoying. 

Rogers, as someone who has worked over 20yrs in the Customer Service industry, I have not encountered such incompetence in managing a long-time customers numerous complaints.  

I will be looking into switching my services to another provider if this is not resolved in the next 3-5 business days. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I feel for ya but everyone's situation is different...

What is your home network setup like? Which hardware are you using?  Are your TV boxes wired or wireless?

Take your home network out of the equation and plugging right into the modem - what are your speeds like? 

If they are good then your network hardware - are you mesh, or using access points?

Whats your signal strength like? Are the TV boxes wired or wireless?  

When you ran the speedtest what device were you using, and what service did you use to test your speeds? 

Finally, prior to Ignite did you get your 500u speeds of 500Mbps, 20Mbps up?