Ignite TV - Several Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Ignite TV - Several Issues

Hey @Sedricksmith and @slick1!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your Ignite TV! Intermittent sound and freezing issues can be incredibly irritating and certainly not the intended Ignite TV experience.

Quality and sound issues are typically caused by either poor wireless connectivity or RF level issues. I would recommend reaching out to support or us here @CommunityHelps for assistance at your convenience so we can review your signal levels and wireless RSSI values.

@RogersAndy

I've Been Here Awhile

I had this installed on Sept 3/2019. Nothing but issues. I have already had a tech out 3 times replacing equipment. It looks like this stuff is refurbished. Probably from the states. I highly recommend not switching to Ignite. Stay with old fashion co-axial. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Stuff shouldnt be refurbished.. these are pretty much the newest boxes, same ones that the US is just using now (they actually use and support the older model ones of the same line).
Its possible that they are ones that were to be setup in someone elses place, taken back and then redistributed.
But ANY/ALL boxes on coax now, will be 'refurbished'/re distributed, there is no new ones anymore.

All in all.. its not the EQUIPMENT that I have found being the problem.
Its the signal.  Both the internet signal, as well as the wifi signal.  And this seems to be the part that the techs are not concentrating on.
I have had it since launch.. and outside the global recording issue  a way back, i dont experience any of the issues that most people with issues have.
BUT, i have had them tweek the signal to the  house that its pretty close to perfect.. and the wifi (using their erro wifi pods) is really good.

I've Been Around

Had Igniite installed Aug 24/2019 and am so disappointed I want to scream.  I had regular cable before and am going to get it back.  The ignite worked for about a week before problems started with picture freeze with sound, then no sound  but  normal running picture. Then the screen went black for a few and then the message about a problem they will try and fix but be sure the gateway is o k. So far the ignite has been the gateway to . . Talked to Rogers on  line and we seemed to have fixed the problem only to have it happen again a few days later. called Rogers again and they sent out a Tech who set up his computer and couldn't find a problem but switched out the modem. Sept. 16 t v doing the same thing,  internet keeps dropping as do some of my phone calls. I'm done give me back my cable.

I'm Here A Lot

I'm running into some issues with Ignite as well.   When watching RDS the other night, the screen would go black and the audio cut out for a few seconds at a time.   This occurred multiple times during the broadcast, I would say every 5 to 10 minutes.   Then last night watching SportsNet, the audio would cut out for a few seconds though the image remained ok.  This also happened every 5 to 10 minutes throughout the game.   In both cases, I was watching a live broadcast  (hockey game).   This typically does not happen when watching pre-recorded network shows.

I doubt this is a wireless issue as the box is hardwired to the router, and the TV is connected via HDMI to the box.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Watching recorded shows lately and they have been very bad streaming, pixelization and black outs.
Was watching AGT recorded Tuesday evening and it was very very bad pixelization. Almost unwatchable.
Get blackouts like described for a few seconds audio and video gone when watching live TV.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I havent seen playback issues on my end..
But different channels.. and most of my recordings were from quite a few weeks ago..

So maybe its actually an issue right now with the actual recording of the current stuff.

I've Been Around

I have the same issues with the Ignite service. Switched from regular cable on August 24 to Ignite and has never worked since it was installed. TV and Internet service continuously go up and down.  Tech's have been out several times with the same diagnosis that the issue is with the back office and they have raised a ticket for the same. Have the tech coming again in another day as the service was completely down for over 10 hours yesterday and today back to fluctuating up and down every 15 minutes like it has been since installed.  Very disappointed with this Ignite service.  Do not recommend moving to the Ignite service until Rogers solves the reliability issues with this service, keep your current cable service.

I'm Here A Lot

So I've had enough.  Too many issues with Ignite, both with TV and phone service.  I was with Bell previously but changed to Ignite in February after my contract expired and Bell wouldn't offer good pricing.  The Ignite service looked promising and the price was right so I made the switch.   Unfortunately, after using it for six months it looks like Ignite is a good idea, but not quite ready yet.  It's still some point away from being a stable product.

Bell recently ran fibre to our building and with that offered some very good deals.   And from past experience, the platform is much more stable.   When my contract expires in another two years, I'll check Ignite out again.  Hopefully the problems will be fixed by then.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats where I dont agree.. that its a back end issue.
Unless things are more separated.  (different cities say have their own back end servers, etc), and not centralized.

As there are people like myself who have had once in a blue moon issues.. one odd recording here or there, but NOTHING down at all recently, live and recordings working fine 99% of the time.

I still think 8/10 issues.. are still more localized.   But the techs are not installing stuff right (correct signal to modems, good enough signal in the house, etc), and if its more outside the house, are not escalating things right (if its more node issue related, etc)