Ignite TV - Several Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jennnnnnn9475
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV - Several Issues

No one has time for that at $130 a month it should just work
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Everyones time is precious.  
And yes.. it should hopefully be set up right the first time and no issues.

But saying that you pay that much and it should just work?
Do you say the same thing about the car?  You spend 30-50k on a car... and eventually/occasionally it will break down.. do you complain the same to the car dealership?

Sometimes things will happen... signal goes bad in the neighborhood, etc that things will need to get fixed.

But all that being said.. and I have said it many times before..
There needs to be some more accountability for the BAD installs by techs which seem to be going on.  2/3 of the issues that seem to be going on, seem to stem around from bad installs.
With a proper setup.. 4/5 of the issues that people post about, shouldnt be happening.

sg232
I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty wrote:

Everyones time is precious.  
And yes.. it should hopefully be set up right the first time and no issues.

But saying that you pay that much and it should just work?
Do you say the same thing about the car?  You spend 30-50k on a car... and eventually/occasionally it will break down.. do you complain the same to the car dealership?

Sometimes things will happen... signal goes bad in the neighborhood, etc that things will need to get fixed.

But all that being said.. and I have said it many times before..
There needs to be some more accountability for the BAD installs by techs which seem to be going on.  2/3 of the issues that seem to be going on, seem to stem around from bad installs.
With a proper setup.. 4/5 of the issues that people post about, shouldnt be happening.

Exactly! the first technician that came to install Ignite TV at my house was god awful, didn't seem to have a clue what he was doing and rushed through the whole install. He didn't even activate my modem properly as it only worked when he was there as he quickly was showing me the remote and took off. As soon as he left my modem went offline, with the red light and nothing worked. I contacted concierge they couldn't see my modem on their side and said "check after midnight and reboot the modem because the order hasn't been processed"...luckily they booked another technician to come in next day and he was MILES better, checked everything, signal outside coming in and actually activated my modem after spending at least half hour with Rogers head office. Had it for a bit over a month now and minus couple glitches it has been working great. 

It really does depend on the technician and are a hit or miss. 

lsheen6212
I Plan to Stick Around

Its not only the tech that install that have problems.  Support especially level one has very poor knowledge of Ignite.  Rogers seems to think that customers don't notice.  They DO!!!!

My fav is when I get a call asking me to stay on the line so that support may ask me some questions about a problem.  When they answer with "what can I do for you?" and I reply "You called me" they seem flummoxed. 

From top to bottom Ignite is a poor product , delivered very poorly and supported by (wait its not supported).

Bplayer
I'm a Senior Contributor

@lsheen6212 wrote:

From top to bottom Ignite is a poor product , delivered very poorly and supported by (wait its not supported).

I disagree with with the first part of this statement. IMHO it is a technically sound product, and interactions with Concierge and Technical Support have been good. As with any significant product there may be some delivery and support problems especially in unique configurations/situations.

Once you get it settled down it should work as announced.

djdynamite
I've Been Around

I have been having wifi drop on me 3 to 5 times per day, netflix just loads over and over, modem kicks off for no reason, son gets kicked off xbox due to looking internet connection and he is hardwired, cell phone data charges keep racking up due to this problem, i have been dealing with this since febuary 2019, but yet my bill still needs to be paid.....unprofessional truthfully, that would be like me saying to someone that has there car insurence through me....Hello sir i know your car has no engine and cant drive it but you still need to pay your insurence every month even thou you cant drive your car......pointless money being spent for nothing.....PROBLEM needs to be fixed, this is what i get for being a rogers customer for over 20+ years

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Have you had a technician out yet to look at things? (hopefully get someone better)
With all those issues.. either the modem is faulty.. or there is some major other issues (like signal) that they need to fix.

(shouldnt be a wifi issue, since you say some things are hardwired and have issues still)

Sasquatch1
I've Been Around

I have had ignite and am too seeing many of the same issues!!!!!!!!!!
Internet is also intermittently stopped working when my wife is using her laptop or iPad.
The stopping of the program on tv for a few seconds while the volume continues has happened a number of times throughout the day!
The guide button has had issues as well!!
Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Sasquatch1 you indicated that you "have had" as in no longer use the Ignite TV service?  Just trying to determine if you still have the service or not?

You indicated that your seeing service drops, which is via wifi I'm assuming.  Does that also apply to ethernet connected devices?  If so, that would point to a possible cable signal issue instead of a wifi issue.

Maxfubar
I've Been Here Awhile

When our new Ignite service was installed, we went through several months of service interruptions, wifi drop, PVR issues etc etc. Several technicians visited and each tried one thing after another but all to no avail. When I threatened to pull out of Rogers, they finally assigned me a “senior technician” who immediately (and only) replaced the modem, stating that recent firmware updates have improved the latest modem version. And since that time I don’t think we’ve had a moment of trouble, the services are very stable and the quality/speed are as advertised. I’d recommend that you insist that they send you a “senior” tech and ensure that you get a new modem.
Good luck.
Cheers.